Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New pay and play site opening 27th June (Nr. Clanfield A3)

Andrew Prince said:
James, I think Ian said he was committed elsewhere and thus could not make it :?

I popped round to see him last night and he told me that he is now going to Clanfield!
In his green submarine/cruiser.

Does everyone have club stickers on for this event?

I have a couple of spares.

James Rothwell said:
I popped round to see him last night and he told me that he is now going to Clanfield!
In his green submarine/cruiser.
I stand corrected - it'll be good to have Ian along to fly the flag if the rest of us get a bit gunshy on some of the obstacles :lol:

I haven't got any stickers but Ian said he could pick me one or two up from Lincomb. I would like some more my 80.
I'm really looking forward to this now! It's nice knowing that if I get stuck there are others around who are like minded and don't mind pulling me out.

Have you guys got a CB radio?

Most have CB's.

Does this mean we can send you in first to see how deep the water is?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a couple of spare stickers, it looks like it should be a laugh

Bu**er

Finally come across this thread and I can't go.
Can't do Lincombe due to other commitments and now I will be in foreign climes for this one.

The world is conspiring against me.....Boo Hoo :( :( :(

Ecky Thump said:
Bu**er

Finally come across this thread and I can't go.
Can't do Lincombe due to other commitments and now I will be in foreign climes for this one.

The world is conspiring against me.....Boo Hoo :( :( :(

That's a shame, maybe you can make the next P&P day?

UPDATE

A friend of mine has done a foot recce of the new sight near Clanfield and his comments where 'It's very small, hardly an tricky bits, all of it could be easily done in a freelander...".

:(

He then said that he is not going to bother goingn but rather just go to Slindon again and it's the best around and isn't actually that much further.

What do you guys want to do? Stick it with Clanfield or go to Slindon?

I bust something in my front axle at Lincomb, the green 80 is currently rear wheel drive only. Having said that it did remarkably well but I don't think I will take it to an all makes event though.

Ian

Ian, unlike you not venture where a Freelander can easily go :lol: Even in two wheel drive!

James Rothwell said:
, all of it could be easily done in a freelander...".

On a serious note, I want to bring my wife and kids along so I am keen for a place with some reasonable driving but not full of cowboys racing their knackered suzukis and discos all over the place. Clanfield is quite a long haul from SW London if its not much more more than a dirt track through a forest...

My mate seemed to think that Slindon is so much bigger that you don't really seem to have that many cars in one place, however Clanfield he reckoned there would be people getting in each others way fairly often to try and get through the one watery bit.

I think I'm going to go to Slindon, it looks like so much more even if it is 3 times the price for entry!

Well, we can go to Clanfield but I'd hate to arrange something and it be a total dissapointment. They have one every month there so maybe someone very local could check it out and make a decision for us.

I'm probably going to go to Slindon but only as long as my colleague comes back to work in time. He's off ill at the moment not sure if he's actually ill or just wanting to go home and watch the game.

I will probably go there to have a look and report back as i'm just up the road.

Anyone else still going?

I'm probably going to skip too - sunny weather means the return up the A3 will be silly with traffic and the Hindhead roadworks will slow things down further. I will have my kids with me, so hot weather at the site plus a long trip home doesn't sound too appealing if the site is likely to disappoint too...

I'm really dissapointed but nice to know you guys are keen to do P&P days too, I'm sure once the weather worsens we can do some more!

At the site now, looks quite good.

Back