Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New South African bank notes

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
The SA Reserve Bank introduced new bank notes yesterday. Lets hope it's not a precedent and they're heading to this:

New South African Banknote with Zuma on it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352366044.140102.jpg

Called the Bi-Focal Rand

Because one can buy focal with it.

Getting close to it, that's for sure.

Gra.

With the hoards of non whites heading for the Cape, where to go when you get to Cape Point?

The peninsula is going to get rather crowded

Just a drive through Kaylitsha (sp) scares me now.

Gra.

ps, any body took a drive through Hout Bay recently?

prepare for a shock.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, I'm a "non white" person and I wouldn't spit on Cape Town if it was on fire. I'm not going to give up on South Africa just because a bunch of no hopes already have. Why? Because if the black man loses South Africa, we have got nowhere to go and I do mean "nowhere". White people have got North America, South America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand and they came within a nat's breath of carving up China. So PWV will remain my backyard, the good, the bad and the ugly.

It's all too easy to be a nay sayer when you are looking in from a distance...

It really pisses me off when people who don't live in South Africa say it's all doom and gloom, especially South African ex pats who have chosen to leave. I get that we all have our reasons for having left. Some permanently, some not (like myself).

South Africa has it's challenges but I for one would settle there long before I would even consider settling here for good. It's a truly amazing country with an immense amount if diversity.

I mean think about it. It's over four times the size of the UK and has a GDP per capita 1/3rd of the uk and an unemployment rate of 25% vs 8% in the uk. The UKs GDP for 2011 was $2400 trillion vs SA @ $419 billion. Obviously it's not going to operate on the same level as here in terms of efficiency. Obviously there is going to more crime. Obviously it's going to have far more and greater problems than developed countries.

If you don't live there, what right do you really have to criticise the place...

Soap box moment over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And BTW: Zuma is a president before his time. Unlike Bill Clinton. Keeping it in his pants just isn't game....

God bless you Ryan! We really will have to met up for a drink. Lucky for you my wife is no more. She would have jumped all over you, brother!

Just to be clear - this was meant to be an irreverent chuckle, not a portent of doom and gloom or political commentary! At least the new laws / press restrictions haven't stopped that - yet - the chuckle bit, anyway. Go Zapiro!

If you can't laugh at yourself you're certainly not qualified to laugh at anything else ;-)

Sjoe!

People have been predicting South Africa's downfall for the last 20+ years .
South Africa is constantly 'on the brink' of a disaster if some are to be believed. wallbash.gif

SA has its issues just like any country :icon-wink: but I love it :)

Just to be clear - this was meant to be an irreverent chuckle, not a portent of doom and gloom or political commentary! At least the new laws / press restrictions haven't stopped that - yet - the chuckle bit, anyway. Go Zapiro!

If you can't laugh at yourself you're certainly not qualified to laugh at anything else ;-)

Sjoe!

Just to be clear, My post wasn't directed at you Gary, it was in response to Graham's nay saying. I'm always up for a laugh or being laughed at. You should see my mo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep got that Ryan :lol: Today must be my 'contentious day' :lol:

Well, I'm a "non white" person and I wouldn't spit on Cape Town if it was on fire. I'm not going to give up on South Africa just because a bunch of no hopes already have. Why? Because if the black man loses South Africa, we have got nowhere to go and I do mean "nowhere".

Confused of Herts:-
Why would the black man have nowhere to go? Why do you believe the USA or any of the other countries you mentioned are the domain of whites only? Are you suggesting that ZA is the domain for Blacks only? And what about the rest of Africa, or doesn't that count?
Not sure I get your hatred of CT either:confusion-shrug:

Confused of Herts:-
Why would the black man have nowhere to go? Why do you believe the USA or any of the other countries you mentioned are the domain of whites only? Are you suggesting that ZA is the domain for Blacks only? And what about the rest of Africa, or doesn't that count?
Not sure I get your hatred of CT either:confusion-shrug:

Olazz

First, Cape Town is dead and occupied by zombies. My wife might be dead but I'm not (yet). I'd take PWV over the Garden Route any day because in JoBurg you have to have eyes in the back of your head to survive. As for the other thing, frankly, you can think what you like. I just want SA to succeed not just for me but for everyone. I still believe in the Rainbow Nation........

There is an entire village in Kenya still waiting for the President of the USA to sweep down in Airforce One and take them all away to the promise land. That day isn't going to come anytime soon.........

Last edited:
Olazz

First, Cape Town is dead and occupied by zombies. My wife might be dead but I'm not (yet). I'd take PWV over the Garden Route any day because in JoBurg you have to have eyes in the back of your head to survive. As for the other thing, frankly, you can think what you like. I just want SA to succeed not just for me but for everyone. I still believe in the Rainbow Nation........

Hmmm... interesting viewpoint I guess.

FWIW, I'm Captonian. I love the place. Not sure why you wouldn't. But hey each to there own.

Hmmm... interesting viewpoint I guess.

FWIW, I'm Captonian. I love the place. Not sure why you wouldn't. But hey each to there own.

Ryan

I can take CT in small doses (weekend fish braai) but there is no way I could live there. The place is just too relaxed for me. It's like everything and everyone is moving in slow motion. I don't hate the place or people. It's just not for me. I'm a junglist. I live for penthouse and pavement. I want my feet planted on concrete not sand.

I was hoping that you'd be available to help me make some "small" modifications to my truck. Are you still up for that drink?

Ryan

I can take CT in small doses (weekend fish braai) but there is no way I could live there. The place is just too relaxed for me. It's like everything and everyone is moving in slow motion. I don't hate the place or people. It's just not for me. I'm a junglist. I live for penthouse and pavement. I want my feet planted on concrete not sand.

I was hoping that you'd be available to help me make some "small" modifications to my truck. Are you still up for that drink?

Aaah ok, your one of those loves the hustle and bustle types. Fair play. Us cape town folk do tend to be fairly chilled. After I matriculated myself and a few mates did a gap year over here. We worked in Windsor for half the year and spent the rest of it surfing in Indonesia. We worked at a spanish restuarant called La Tasca. One day the one manager called me over and asked me:
Manager: "Is your mate ok?"
Me: "Ya, why?"
Manager: "Why does he move so slowly?"
Me: "Huh?"
Manager: "Seriously, is there something wrong with him. Is he slow or something?"
After pissing myself laughing I explained to him that Cape Town's a but more chilled and a bit slower in pace. This manager hated us! I think our pace infuriated him. Funniest thing now is that everytime I go home my buddies are always asking me why am I walking so fast, whats the rush?

I miss that pace to be honest and am looking forward to getting back into it.

What mods are you looking at doing? Always happy to help out where I can and I usually have beer in the fridge :icon-cool:

Ryan, your version of Cape Town sounds great to me. :icon-cool:

Back