Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New South African bank notes

A brilliant Madame and Eve:

A7QPWzACMAMQKjr.jpg

What mods are you looking at doing? Always happy to help out where I can and I usually have beer in the fridge :icon-cool:[/QUOTE said:
Ryan

Well, where do I start. Project Bling is all about turning my truck into a kind of watered down Jon Wildsmith passion wagon. ARB front bumper, snorkel and full safari roof rack to start with, along with a set of OEM 17" Alloys shod with BFG AT boots all round and a custom stainless steel fast flow exhaust system underneath. I'm looking to keep my car for the foreseeable future and right now, I've got plenty of time on my hands.....

John

Last edited:
Pretoria-Witwatersrand-Vereeniging... province of Transvaal.

It was called PWV for a very short period in the early 90's before changing to its current provincial name Gauteng

Well, I'm a "non white" person and I wouldn't spit on Cape Town if it was on fire.... we have got nowhere to go and I do mean "nowhere".
What about Leicester or Derby :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bat21

PWV just sounds so much cooler than Gauteng.

Ryan

I meant to say OEM 18" Alloys not 17"...........

John

Eish, just saw this thread now.. i think you can live an amazing lifestyle anywhere in the world provided you have the means to create it. I'd be on the street if I lived in New York! Probably live like a king in Sudan.. It's all relative..

I've been back in Cape Town just over 3 months now and so far it's literally living on holiday every moment of the day. It almost feels unreal, like there's a camera somewhere.. I can't complain about anything apart from missing earning contract rate pay in Canary Wharf! (although i worked like a SLAVE to get it)

My day, every day consists of :
Wake up at 5am, cycle 20 to 40+ miles through the mountains and around the peninsula right on the coast road
Walk the dog through the "green belt" (leafy areas of old land)
Do this work thing briefly. 8:30-4:30 with no lunch seems to work for me
Walk the dog again, usually on the beach
Eat dinner outside with a good glass of wine, catch up with friends who live 5-10 mins drive down the road

Weekends are wine tasting, beach, climbing The Mountain (Table Mountain), cycling, mountain biking, scuba diving..
* Need to pull finger and start alternating cycling with diving before work, or go after work. Decisions decisions.

As they say, "Another hard day in Africa".. I think you need to take in to account the scenario you are able to create in any place rather than comparing the whole. Nobody lives in the national average?!

Might see y'all at Lincomb next year - need a $ injection to fund the growing number of hobbies the SUN enables...

The world is our oyster to play in and explore.. Live it to the max.. Isn't that why we drive Landcruisers?

Forgot to add : I never ever ever read any news of any sort anywhere. Maybe that's got a lot to do with it??

Easy there Matt!! You just might incite a torrent of resentment with all that talk.

I do miss CT...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ah bollocks, CT is over rated and way to trendy for my liking... KZN is where it's at! :icon-evil:

Despite being a die-hard Natalian, I have to admit the weather in Joburg is hard to beat. It's been 28-35 Deg every day this month. It rained during the day once a week or two back...can't say for sure, I think the sun's damaged my memory or was it the beer I drank sitting in the sun?
Oh and I think there was a gust of wind yesterday. Otherwise sun sun sun - and the odd brief thunderstorm late in the afternoons. :icon-cool:
What was this thread about again?

Despite being a die-hard Natalian, I have to admit the weather in Joburg is hard to beat. It's been 28-35 Deg every day this month. It rained during the day once a week or two back...can't say for sure, I think the sun's damaged my memory or was it the beer I drank sitting in the sun?
Oh and I think there was a gust of wind yesterday. Otherwise sun sun sun - and the odd brief thunderstorm late in the afternoons. :icon-cool:
What was this thread about again?

Not sure if this has been posted already :

164460_10151486284928714_297505858_n.jpg
:icon-biggrin:

Back