Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New tool

Towpack

Garage
Country Flag
england
Not really 'equipment' but took advantage of the Milwaukee tools roadshow and lashed out on an impact wrench. Been eyeing them up for a while and comparing specs etc and they get good reviews. Hopefully should make life a little easier come maintenance time.
MID_zps8p0dammf.jpg

Been looking for the same thing but just not had time to do any real research into torques, batteries, volts and all that. That looks pretty much the Mutt's. Have I missed out on a deal?

Its the same as mine and it is great. The box is a bit crap given the price you pay but hey its a great tool I think.

Its the same as mine and it is great. The box is a bit crap given the price you pay but hey its a great tool I think.

Warrenpfo,

To be honest I'd been looking at other brands, Bosch, Ingersoll Rand etc and didn't know that much about Milwaukee gear but saw your post on another thread and did a bit of searching on the net for reviews etc and decided on this one. Cheers mate!

Chris
The roadshow is travelling round the country giving discounts. This is the schedule. http://uk.milwaukeetool.eu/bigred/

This is the model I went for:http://uk.milwaukeetool.eu/powertools/cordless/m18-chiwf12-en/ Looks a bit overkill on specs but I reckon it will handle pretty much anything the LC will throw at it. Tried it on the wheel nuts which are only 70lb/ft but spins them off in an instant. So easy in fact I thought they were loose until I re=tightened them and tried again.

Just flipping missed me. Or I've just missed it. Did you get a decent discount? I mean they are very expensive to start with so I am not going to chase around to save £10. But if I saved £50 I'd be bothered enough.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I agree, they are expensive but not when you compare them to similar performing kit from other brands. The roadshow offer is 10% off the shop price but the price they are sold at seems to vary from shop to shop. The sales guy gave me a price until I pointed out that this particular model was available much cheaper at another dealer so, after checking up, he gave me £102 off which amounted to over 20% off their shop price. I also got a free fleece. I think Warrenpfo got his from a show along with other stuff so may have done even better. Might be worth getting to a roadshow event if you can. They bring some nice scenery with them too.

My builder mate has one of those and loves it. Mind you, he also reckons my makita (18v) impact driver is the mutts too (and I absolutely love it). Good tools are a wonderful thing to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back