Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie from Aberdeen

Derek

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Hi guys im Derek from Aberdeenshire, bought a 1994 land cruiser 4.2 td vx (with lockers) the other week.

It already has a 2" iron man lift and im planning on a body lift then 35"s ect.

Very pleased with it, a big step up from my previous hilux surf, completely different machine.

Got a few things needing sorted, will have a few threads about them soon!
lc1.JPG

excellent, welcome Derek. Great start - and intro and a picture plus an insight into your plans. Text book start.

Got one just like that. Well it started just like that.

All the help you might need can be found on here. So ask away, but DO have a go with the search function first and check out the stickies on the 80 thread. Some solid tips there.

Body lift is easy, but not that advantageous on the 80. You might want to chat that through before you do it. I can work against you especially if you wanted to fit a hooped winch bumper at some point.

Welcome and nice 80.
As Chris says plenty info and knowledge on here.

Good looking truck there, welcome Derek!

Chris is yer man for 80s info. I hate the word awesome, but 80s are just that. Enjoy! :thumbup:

Noooonoo, I am a relative new comer to 80's . The FORUM is your expert. Not one individual. Thank you for the compliment though Clive. Being active on here shouldn't ce confused with being knowledgeable. I know what I know and that about the best I can say.

Nice truck, bet of luck wit it!!!

Good looking truck there, welcome Derek!

Chris is yer man for 80s info. I hate the word awesome, but 80s are just that. Enjoy! :thumbup:

AWESOME post Clive!!!!!!!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
excellent, welcome Derek. Great start - and intro and a picture plus an insight into your plans. Text book start.

Got one just like that. Well it started just like that.

All the help you might need can be found on here. So ask away, but DO have a go with the search function first and check out the stickies on the 80 thread. Some solid tips there.

Body lift is easy, but not that advantageous on the 80. You might want to chat that through before you do it. I can work against you especially if you wanted to fit a hooped winch bumper at some point.

Why isn't the body lift any good? Im just after abit more clearance for the wheels. As for the bumper, im want a sort of shunt bar, up and over the lights and grill, and a winch yes :)

I think Chris was trying to say that by lifting the body higher on the chassis means that prefabricated winch bumpers with hoops (that bolt onto the chassis) no longer reach over the headlights, 'cos you will have raised the headlights by the height of the lift.

It doesn't mean a body lift isn't any good, just that it gives problems with front winch bumpers with hoops, which is just what he said.

But he's quite capable of explaining himself, so I'll get my coat :lol:

im not buying a bumper anyway, will be a custom jobby AFTER its been raised, learnt that with the hilux, 2" gap between the bumper and grill :p

Sounds good to me. Ignore Chris, he's got a mud plugger on 37s and some steroids by the look of it and a work-in-progress that will outshine most, when he's done.

But he's right, the forum is a mine of information plus a few numbskulls like me thrown in! :lol:

Thanks Clive you said it for me. I never said a body lift wasn't any good. I have one on my off roader but I won't be putting one on my tourer. And that IS on 35's. It's an additional cost and a day's work that in essence might not even give you the clearance you need. Moving the control arms forward is a lot less work, pretty much free and has an instant effect without buggering up all the other measurements on the vehicle. I did it yesterday.

Welcome - another local up my way

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome and nice truck. Same as my 1st one I bought in 97 ( now owned by another forum member) if its an auto.
Keep us informed of your progress.

Andy

Back