Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie Q for 1992 LC

Ripon1992

Country Flag
united_states
I am so happy to have found an affordable old 1992 Land Cruiser. Its just what I wanted for some
easy desert driving and moving the dogs (great danes - plural). But I'm not a mechanic. I can't find
a youtube video to help me with this most simple question and I feel like a dork making it my first
post here - but I aim to lurk a lot and. How do I get all the rear seats out - any easy way I'm missing?

Hi Rippon you don't say what cruiser you have - google images "landcruiser series" and you should be able to tell us 40 series or 60 series or 80 , 90 100 , 150 whatever . Nevertheless rear seats are almost always held in with little more than a few bolts (2 on my 90) just remove the plastic covers underneath and in front of your rear seats and unbolt them .

I'm sorry its a series 80, I didn't want to go unscrewing things only to find out I'm missing the obvious easy way - thanks for the reply

I'm sorry its a series 80, I didn't want to go unscrewing things only to find out I'm missing the obvious easy way - thanks for the reply

Very handy, once you have a set of sockets.

In front of the seat base (where your legs are when your sitting in them) Are four plastic flaps on top of the carpet. Pry them up with a flat head screw driver.
Then undo the bolts underneath.

Next fold the seats fully forward, you'll see four more plastic flaps on top of the carpet at the back of the seats (under them if the seat base isnot folded forward)
Pry up the flaps, and undo those 4 bolts.

Then lift out the seats.!!

Thanks thanks thanks....

Very handy, once you have a set of sockets.

In front of the seat base (where your legs are when your sitting in them) Are four plastic flaps on top of the carpet. Pry them up with a flat head screw driver.
Then undo the bolts underneath.

Next fold the seats fully forward, you'll see four more plastic flaps on top of the carpet at the back of the seats (under them if the seat base isnot folded forward)
Pry up the flaps, and undo those 4 bolts.

Then lift out the seats.!!

Rearmost seats unclip and lift out, the middle row simple bolts.

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back