Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

nice 24v 80

That will be gone in 10, 9, 8, 7 .....

Looks very promising indeed. Unadulterated and if good underneath etc worth the money. But another of those very rare manual green 24v's. Where do people get this from?

Only problem for me is it's manual....

I have had some contact with the seller (Glen) very descent chap.

I was going to maybe go and have a look but it would seem it only has a rear diff lock if you look at the dash is this normal??

DSCN1006.JPG

If anyone could comment on the lack of difflock switches then please do as the owner assures me it does have all three diff locks but i can only see the one Dial by the steering wheel.. He thinks they may all be activated off the one dial but we know that is not the case.

On the 80's it's just on one switch. Rear lock First then Fully Locked front & Rear.

You're not buying one again are you?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If anyone could comment on the lack of difflock switches then please do as the owner assures me it does have all three diff locks but i can only see the one Dial by the steering wheel.. He thinks they may all be activated off the one dial but we know that is not the case.

Only one switch on my one and it has all 3. Half turn is rear and full turn is both.

CDL comes in when you select low range then both diff locks will work. There is no CDL switch on the dash but one can be installed with the correct lump of wiring.

Andy

Agh the agony. The seller is such a nice chap and so so keen for it to go to an enthusiast rather than a dealer. Spoke through the diff lock switch with him and he said the first and second click get a solid light but the third and i assume front locker just flashes but it may be a case of not getting enough slip on the wheel to lock or a buggered actuator. The seller is not the owner he has it as a part ex from a landrover he sold a while back to a dealer and then gave him this.

I have the OK to head off tomorrow if i want from wife and if it was an Auto i would say i would have bought it on the spot without viewing but the only thing holding me back is that its a manual and the Auto i have is so nice to drive on long journeys.

Its a good 4 hour drive form me and who knows how i would get it back as i have no one to go with at the moment but its very tempting

I could have nominated a mate in Tadley to help, but he's on a course this weekend...

Unfortunately I'm tied up this weekend with LeMans.

dont worry to much about the lockers warren, both mine werent working when i got it but knocking them in an a few occasions on gravel and doing big circles freed them all up. the only problem now is the front warning light doesnt stay solid but the locker is in. They some time take a few rotations to find there place and if he did it stationary might not have come on any way.

Manual all the way for me on a tourer vehicle.

stu

Agh the agony. The seller is such a nice chap and so so keen for it to go to an enthusiast rather than a dealer. Spoke through the diff lock switch with him and he said the first and second click get a solid light but the third and i assume front locker just flashes but it may be a case of not getting enough slip on the wheel to lock or a buggered actuator. The seller is not the owner he has it as a part ex from a landrover he sold a while back to a dealer and then gave him this.

I have the OK to head off tomorrow if i want from wife and if it was an Auto i would say i would have bought it on the spot without viewing but the only thing holding me back is that its a manual and the Auto i have is so nice to drive on long journeys.

Its a good 4 hour drive form me and who knows how i would get it back as i have no one to go with at the moment but its very tempting

If he is just trying it on a hard dry surface they may not engage. If he finds somewhere slippy like gravel and give the steering a wiggle from side to side while moving it may well engage fine.

Darlington, miles away.

It does not help that I cant make my mind up as to what to do as I am now thinking no its not for me.

The mind is a funny thing :wtf:

Both my lockers F & R work, but only the front go solid on the indicator light. I put it down to "lectrics" which is a black art to me.

Working is working, in my book, bells and whistles I can live without! :lol:

One of the reasons i posted that 80 link in SA was to show that at the moment its not really worth taking a cruiser down with you. What price is a 40 ft container i am sure you said 4 k which when you add that to the 6 k for a std one. Add up all the toys on the one i posted and you are not adding up and dont forget if you have not owned for a year you WIll be stung for inport tax. If i was you i would buy a house and cruiser when i got there.
Stu

Thanks stu it's very easy to get past the ownership part. I bought my cruiser a month back but the v5 says I have owned it for over a year already. You can put any date as the sale date so long as the seller agrees and hey presto ownership it done.

The irritating thing is that it will be bought by a dealer and then for sale at £9,995.00 shortly......

Nice looking truck.

Back