Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Noise after new clutch fit....

If I wasn't a ferry trip away zi would have no problem coming over and supervising Chris in the removal, diagnosis and refit of the box! I can give you some words of encouragement though....Drink, Women, Feck..

TP don't forget you've friends on here willing to help. You've contributed enough over the years to have favours stacked up. I'm sure that there's a way to get that box off in the blink of an eye. Wobble bars, impact gun and a ramp are all that's needed.

And stud removal tool.......alright two locked nuts or molegrips. :icon-biggrin:

Regards

Dave

If I wasn't a ferry trip away zi would have no problem coming over and supervising Chris in the removal, diagnosis and refit of the box! I can give you some words of encouragement though....Drink, Women, Feck..

Good lad! A tea bag in the cup some boiling water, splash of milk and leave the bag in! Then 8 cans of stella to top the job off!! Lol!:think::thumbup::lol:

TP don't forget you've friends on here willing to help. You've contributed enough over the years to have favours stacked up. I'm sure that there's a way to get that box off in the blink of an eye. Wobble bars, impact gun and a ramp are all that's needed.

Well Chris, I've got the ramp, but it is a six poster, it could easily be lifted in by 2 chaps.

Just need a sunny day

Good lad! A tea bag in the cup some boiling water, splash of milk and leave the bag in! Then 8 cans of stella to top the job off!! Lol!:think::thumbup::lol:

Beer not for me but T........oh can I drink T! :thumbup: :lol:

Regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not as yet JM. Been tied up at weekends recently and just got back from NI on a bike holiday but I now have new parts (complete OEM clutch kit) on order so, if it turns out the clutch is faulty/damaged etc it should be a relatively quick fix.

SORTED!!:happy-cheerleaderk::happy-cheerleaderk::happy-cheerleaderk::happy-cheerleaderk::happy-cheerleaderk:

OK, first things first, a HUGE thank you to Andy Lomas and Chris for the facilities, time, effort and downright enthusiasm to get the problem fixed, not forgetting Andy's better half Maria for the cups of tea and biscuits plus the offer of sandwiches!

So to the fix, one damaged friction plate replaced, damaged during the last instal several weeks ago by yours truly, almost certainly by too much weight being applied on the input shaft and warping the steel housing surrounding the splined centre drive spigot/collar or whatever its called.

Doesnt really show the extent of the damage but you can see the stress lines/cracks...

Damage aside, the only obvious difference between the 2 plates (OEM plate now installed) is the small plastic inserts in the springs of the OEM, not present in the non standard Aisin clutch. Who knows what they're for.

Here's the source of the noise..

Looking at the damage I reckon the friction plate would eventually have failed altogether, probably sooner rather than later.

The bite point is now slightly higher than before and feels perfect.:thumbup:
We must've left a plug off somewhere as the reversing lights aren't working but I have to go back underneath tomorrow to refit the bash plates so Ill have a rummage round and see if I can find the culprit.

So, just one thing left to say really.....

:happy-bouncymultic::happy-bouncymultic::happy-bouncymultic::happy-bouncymultic:

FP2.jpg FP1.jpg FP2A.jpg

Last edited:
SORTED!!:happy-cheerleaderk::happy-cheerleaderk::happy-cheerleaderk::happy-cheerleaderk::happy-cheerleaderk:

OK, first things first, a HUGE thank you to Andy Lomas and Chris for the facilities, time, effort and downright enthusiasm to get the problem fixed, not forgetting Andy's better half Maria for the cups of tea and biscuits plus the offer of sandwiches!

So to the fix, one damaged friction plate replaced, damaged during the last instal several weeks ago by yours truly, almost certainly by too much weight being applied on the input shaft and warping the steel housing surrounding the splined centre drive spigot/collar or whatever its called.

Doesnt really show the extent of the damage but you can see the stress lines/cracks...

Damage aside, the only obvious difference between the 2 plates (OEM plate now installed) is the small plastic inserts in the springs of the OEM, not present in the non standard Aisin clutch. Who knows what they're for.

Looking at the damage I reckon the friction plate would eventually have failed altogether, probably sooner rather than later.

We must've left a plug off somewhere as the reversing lights aren't working but I have to go back underneath tomorrow to refit the bash plates so Ill have a rummage round and see if I can find the culprit.

:happy-bouncymultic::happy-bouncymultic::happy-bouncymultic::happy-bouncymultic:

View attachment 145712 View attachment 145713 View attachment 145714

That’s great news TP, thanks to Andy & Chris :thumbup:

:clap::clap::clap::dance::dance::dance:

View attachment 145712 View attachment 145713 View attachment 145714

You were most welcome Phil. With the three of us it wasn't too much of a job. I never thought it could be the gearbox TBF so its a good result for all concerned.

TP it was a please mate. Good banter, good company and a good job. As soon as the bell housing was clear, I stuck my finger in there and thought errm, I don't think that's right. But neither was the release bearing spring clip. That was spragged too. A quick bend and hey presto the fork was all sorted.

Lovely truck, super condition and sounds as sweet as any out there.

Last edited:
hi everybody, sorry just found this topic, i have an issue that seems like the one you're talking about, have a toyota HZJ80 naturally aspired line 6 diesel, 5 speed manual H150F, took off the gearbox replaced the clutch kit, when i put back the grearbox and started the engine, a hell of a noise came out of i dont know where, like something grinding or something touching something. replaced another clutch kit this time aisin but not toyota labeled, same hell of noise, but as soon as i press the cluth pedal, it hushes..... no noise.
i tried to check the videos you have on, but since it's too old, the llink seems cut off, no videos available.
any help, advise. will be much appreciated,

Back