Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

oh oh, parcel delivery today. What can it be?

Yes, it's a lift kit. Another one. Changing from around 3" to 5" with adjustable panhards, caster correction brake lines, longer shox, higher rated springs etc. Might lose the anti roll bars too. I need more flex with better grip from these 37's

Also picked up four more nearly new 37" tyres yesterday so now I have plenty of spare rubber. Will keep the B kit to go onto my new 24v when that 'arrives'. The 35" BFG ATs will probably go ont that as well, maybe using one of my spare sets of auto diffs to go into the manual axles (if that's sensible)

The new springs look like they are off a train!!

Chris

I can't wait to see the pics :drool: What kit have you gone for?

Well done CJ. Have fun putting it all together! Take care!

Well I did cop out a bit Rob if I am honest. I could have order Swanky springs from Mongolia, Furx shox from Jeeperkastan, bits and bobs from Wonga Wonga but honestly, it's a bit hard work is that. So I bought the Iron Man kit from West Coast. Same as Gav has on Mux. The original set up was B and I was very happy, but adding drawers, rear battery, rear winch, 37" spare on the rear carrier etc, it's all got a bit too much. So I've gone with the C rated springs and more lift. They reckon this should be the right thing for what my truck has turned into. I need a bit more rear lift for departure angles. Even with the new rear bumper and the spare dropped off, I get hung up on stuff. Still getting where most people can't but that slight drag really kills traction. Losing the ARB will give me more articulation and ability to put the grip down on big ruts. Now I have the fuel turned up,. I am not lacking power anymore.

Chris

Thanks Gary. For once I am getting some help from someone. We should whizz through this pretty easy. He's handy.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looking forward to the pics :cool:

You denied it at the time but what did I tell you about it turning into a "Monster" truck! ;) :lol:

I'll have to dig out that quote........ :lol:

chadr said:
You denied it at the time but what did I tell you about it turning into a "Monster" truck! ;) :lol:

I'll have to dig out that quote........ :lol:

I think everyone told him it would happen :lol:

Things changed. I wasn't going to but the current Mrs Chris decided that over landing wasn't her bag. So plan b came into being

C

Started off looking like this

[attachment=4:stzt6bpm]P1010037.JPG[/attachment:stzt6bpm]

Then it got a bit like this

[attachment=3:stzt6bpm]P1010038.JPG[/attachment:stzt6bpm]

Then a little more like this

[attachment=2:stzt6bpm]P1010039.JPG[/attachment:stzt6bpm]

Until it started to look a bit like this

[attachment=1:stzt6bpm]P1010041.JPG[/attachment:stzt6bpm]

Then we did the same to the front endy bit until it looked like this

[attachment=0:stzt6bpm]P1010042.JPG[/attachment:stzt6bpm]

And there you go. Few bits to do tomorrow to make it look like they do in the brochure. Then winches back on and it's ready for action.

Chris

Attachments

• P1010037.JPG
    P1010037.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 131
  • P1010038.JPG
    P1010038.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 110
  • P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 114
  • P1010041.JPG
    P1010041.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 130
  • P1010042.JPG
    P1010042.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 123
Looks good mate. :clap:

We just need a few pics of it at full articulation now! :dance: :twisted:

Ben, this pic IS full droop. We bolted everything up and then lifted the back until the wheels started to move. Obviously off road getting both wheel to drop at the same time would be unusual. But as travel is limited by the shocks, this how far it drops in total. Will be off road in two weeks, see what action shots I can get then. When you drop both wheels it doesn't look very dramatic I know. But trust me it's a lot. Whilst the wheel can't get any lower, as it leans in it gives the impression of being lower.

It is deff taller. It was already 3" now it's 5". No ARBs on now and it seems absolutely fine on the road.

Chris

[attachment=0:khyjpqtz]P1010040.JPG[/attachment:khyjpqtz]

Attachments

• P1010040.JPG
    P1010040.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 173
Nice one Chris, you're gonna love it :thumbup:

Q1: Did you fit caster adjustment bushes?
Q2: Does removing the anti-roll bars give any problems on the road?

Thinking to take mine off, but it's the DD and I also do a fair bit of long distance bendy road driving (in other words not so much highway/motorway).

Will I have handling problems? Because on the road mine's like a dream to drive at the moment and I don't want to spoil that.

I have a 75mm OME sus lift with caster adjustment bushes.

Cheers

Not sure you can correct 5" of lift with bushes can you Clive? I already had 2 degrees of correction on the front bolt holes and I haven't fitted the correction plates yet as I ran out of sunshine. But with the 2 degrees that I do have, it actually drives fine. A little light maybe but really fine. Will fit the plates tomorrow. It's a little but leany on the tight corners but remember that I am on 37" tyres too so it's never going to be like a sports car. Don't think you can really compare two vehicles when they are quite as different. But in short, ARB removed, barely tell the difference.

Chris

80's flex beautifully as standard, so i can only imagine what a kit like that will do when your off road! :twisted:

Ben said:
80's flex beautifully as standard, so i can only imagine what a kit like that will do when your off road! :twisted:
This is my 80 on an axle twister at the Berkshire 4x4 show before it was lifted.

Attachments

• Axle Twister 2.jpg
    Axle Twister 2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 150
Chris, what is the distance from hub center to top of wheel arch? Front and rear.

Not a clue Paul.

Chris

If I remember I shall measure it tomorrow.

It is so I can compair it to mine. From hub to wheen arch will rule out tyre size.

Back