Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

oh oh, parcel delivery today. What can it be?

37" tyres look small on it now :D
time for some 39"s? :cool:

Stop it. Anyway, 44's is the next option :lol:

Chris

Last pics of the CC plates. Swadding things took me all day to fit. Don't ask. DO NOT ask, I said......

Grrrrr

[attachment=2:1kbgvvzb]P1010045.JPG[/attachment:1kbgvvzb]
[attachment=1:1kbgvvzb]P1010046.JPG[/attachment:1kbgvvzb]
[attachment=0:1kbgvvzb]P1010047.JPG[/attachment:1kbgvvzb]

Need beer.

Chris

Attachments

• P1010044.JPG
    P1010044.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 210
  • P1010045.JPG
    P1010045.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 199
  • P1010046.JPG
    P1010046.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 223
  • P1010047.JPG
    P1010047.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 200
Looking good Chris :cool:

So what was the hold up with the CC plates :mrgreen:

Wow that all looks nice and shiny :mrgreen: I wonder how long that'll last :?: :!: :lol: :) ;)

I look forward to seeing this new beast in the flesh some day, hopefully in action :D

Nice one Chris :thumbup: Keep up the good work :clap: :D

Chris said:
Not sure you can correct 5" of lift with bushes can you Clive? ... It's a little but leany on the tight corners but remember that I am on 37" tyres too so it's never going to be like a sports car. Don't think you can really compare two vehicles when they are quite as different. But in short, ARB removed, barely tell the difference.

Chris

No idea whether caster correction bushes can be used on a 5" lift. Mine's 3.5" equivalent with correction bushes.

As for the ARB removal, it's a simple job to do so I might give it a try. Can always put them back if it falls over... :shock: :lol:

I won't ask what the problem was with fitting the plates, but they look like a good piece of kit. I haven't seen those before. The panhards look great too. Do you adjust them loaded or on droop?

Can't wait to see some articulation pics... Great job Chris... :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
In reality, I think there is far more adjustment on a PHR then you'd ever need. Anything up to a 3" lift doesn't even need PHR adjustment. So when you go the extra couple, there isn't much needed on the rod. Actually You'd think that someone would have come up with PHR correction bushes! You adjust it with the vehicle flat. It's not really about it being loaded. But you certainly don't adjust it with any droop. That would be extremely difficult. The best thing is cranked arms probably, but I have no idea if anyone does cranked arms for the 80 like they do for Landies. 5" is too much for CC bushes. There are some stories surrounding CC bushes too in that they promote cracking in the arms. I don't know if it's true, but the best way for bushes to work is for them to be central in the socket of the arm. I slotted the holes in the axle and welded plates on for the first lift and that was spot on. It wasn't far off being enough for this extra lift, but the plates are a good solution. It was no trouble cutting off the plates that I had welded on. Measuring left to righ correction for the rear PHR was easy, but trickier on the front as the wheel steer - obviously, so getting a datum wasn't easy. Found one in the end and adjusted up t that. By eye it looks right. Deff looked a bit over to one side to start with.

Chris

Chris, looks fantastic!!! And I bet you enjoyed every minute too!!

Other than ALL of yesterday mate, yes - I did.

So far seems to drive very nicely.

Chris

Chris, do not know if you got to measure the height yet. Mine is 23" on the front and 25" on the rear, no arches fitted ;). This is with my usual kit (junk) in it.

Paul

Paul I posted the other day but it seems that my post through Crappatalk hasn't gone on.

It's 700 mm

Chris

I take it that was the rear. So about 2" more than mine. Was your loaded?

It's always loaded. That's why I have put bigger springs on really.

Chris

Yours has a body lift aswell? So taking that in to account, then the 5 inch lift you have is only about 20mm more than the +50 mm that I get from OME 868 springs? Or have I gotten something wrong?

Paul I have no idea. All I can tell you is that I have put a 5" lift on the suspension and a 40mm lift on the body. What that means to you is for you to decide. I don't know your truck. But I can't see how nearly 6.5 inches is the same as 50mm. That's for sure.

It's the same kit as Gav put on Mux with some extra bits that he didn't. I know it's tall as I am now struggling to get up into it.

Chris

Maybe you don't have enough weight on board to squash the 868's much Paul. The final lift on my green 80 was about 5" and that was with 868's and a couple of inches of spacer welded into the spring seats on the axle.

Could be Jon, I think theres about 200-250kgs in there most of the time. Add to that the rear bumper and carrier.

Chris said:
In reality, I think there is far more adjustment on a PHR then you'd ever need. Anything up to a 3" lift doesn't even need PHR adjustment. So when you go the extra couple, there isn't much needed on the rod. Actually You'd think that someone would have come up with PHR correction bushes! You adjust it with the vehicle flat. It's not really about it being loaded. But you certainly don't adjust it with any droop. That would be extremely difficult. The best thing is cranked arms probably, but I have no idea if anyone does cranked arms for the 80 like they do for Landies. 5" is too much for CC bushes. There are some stories surrounding CC bushes too in that they promote cracking in the arms. I don't know if it's true, but the best way for bushes to work is for them to be central in the socket of the arm. I slotted the holes in the axle and welded plates on for the first lift and that was spot on. It wasn't far off being enough for this extra lift, but the plates are a good solution. It was no trouble cutting off the plates that I had welded on. Measuring left to righ correction for the rear PHR was easy, but trickier on the front as the wheel steer - obviously, so getting a datum wasn't easy. Found one in the end and adjusted up t that. By eye it looks right. Deff looked a bit over to one side to start with.

Chris

Theres a few companies in OZ making and selling them Chris. :thumbup:

Superior Engineering is the first one which springs to mind. :)

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/p ... ?pID=12051

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/s ... _16_23_337

Back