Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OKO tyre sealant (other brands available)

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
We've had the usual punch up in the past over tyre sealant including Crispin's fashionable pink goo, but this weekend I stuck OKO into my 37" Lerma Gommes. On the road they were a bit of a handful - at least up to 50 mph. After that I would guess that it was worse than Ben's death wobble on acid. The car was almost un-drivable. On really good tar, it was just possible, but on country roads or anything with a high crown or camber it was as though all four wheels were loose.

I stuck a litre in each tyre - somewhere over a kilo in weight. Today, I hit 70 mph in it and it was as close to driving on normal tyres as you could imagine. They do say that it helps with balancing - I guess it's like liquid Dyna-beads. I have put this in every trailer and 4x4 that I have owned for at least 15 years, but never has it has an effect this dramatic. Zero wobble, steering spot on and frankly not even that bad on the noise front. These are heavy wheels and tyres. So heavy that I have to use the HL jack to get the spare onto the back door - and you know I like my pies!

I used the agricultural spec, not the lady pink stuff by the way. Four bottles did 5 tyres at £7.50 plus VAT per 1250ml bottle.

All I can say is OK, OKO :thumbup:

Chris

Chris said:
These are heavy wheels and tyres
I think they are made of a special lead infused rubber not the normal stuff!

Chris said:
I used the agricultural spec, not the lady pink stuff by the way. Four bottles did 5 tyres at £7.50 plus VAT per 1250ml bottle.
I might risk trying it again. Where do you get yours from and what dosage do you use on standard sized 80 tyres?

I get mine form Wardman's farm supplies out here in the ole countryzyde Jon. I stick 1000ml in all tyres regardless really. 4 bottles gives you 5 litres. 5 tyres - well you do the math. No point leaving any in the bottle. You could put .75 litres in I suppose.

Genuinely it has transformed it.

Chris

Chris said:
We've had the usual punch up in the past over tyre sealant including Crispin's fashionable pink goo, but this weekend I stuck OKO into my 37" Lerma Gommes. On the road they were a bit of a handful - at least up to 50 mph. After that I would guess that it was worse than Ben's death wobble on acid. The car was almost un-drivable. On really good tar, it was just possible, but on country roads or anything with a high crown or camber it was as though all four wheels were loose.

I stuck a litre in each tyre - somewhere over a kilo in weight. Today, I hit 70 mph in it and it was as close to driving on normal tyres as you could imagine. They do say that it helps with balancing - I guess it's like liquid Dyna-beads. I have put this in every trailer and 4x4 that I have owned for at least 15 years, but never has it has an effect this dramatic. Zero wobble, steering spot on and frankly not even that bad on the noise front. These are heavy wheels and tyres. So heavy that I have to use the HL jack to get the spare onto the back door - and you know I like my pies!

All I can say is OK, OKO :thumbup:

Chris

:lol:

my favourite quote of the year! :clap: :thumbup:

Hey Ben, maybe that's all you needed in yours! Oh no!

Chris

Back