Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

oooooh just found out my 80 has an LSD diff in the back :)

Cptsideways

Garage
Well I was doing some underbody cleaning today & came across the little LSD sticker on my rear axle casing. So my JDM HDJ81 has an LSD diff :dance:

Which might explain a few things, I was just about to do an oil service but might just pull it out & have looksy. My guess is these are a plate diff same as the Supra's in which case I can uprate it from the stock 60ftlb ish to about about 110ftlb breakaway rating with some shims :mrgreen:

Anyone know what type of diff they are for sure?

Re: oooooh just found out my 80 has an LSD diff in the back

The 70 series uses a simple plate type that after 100,000 miles will be shot.

Roger

I'm assuming mine will be the same as the Supra ones, as you say a simple friction plate diff. They are dead easy to uprate & bring back to life though.

Cptsideways said:
I'm assuming mine will be the same as the Supra ones, as you say a simple friction plate diff. They are dead easy to uprate & bring back to life though.

could be interesting on a wet round about if you put your foot down! :twisted:

Cptsideways said:
Anyone know what type of diff they are for sure?
Yip, they're the plate type - a zillion little plates/shims in there, so quite a job to replace (for the layman anyway) :mrgreen: Have a look on toyodiy for the exploded diagram.

Check the axle code on the VIN plate on the firewall. IIRC K295 is the code for open diffs with LSD. K292 is open diffs and K294 is F&R lockers.

Cheers,

Back