Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Out on saturday

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Went out wit a fet local lads on sat for a little laning. Round E.Yorks and up into N.Yorks. ad a couple of hairy moments in a "V" gully.

It was nice to see the Japs out in force today. most of the local lads run green ovals.

2012-10-20174634.jpg

2012-10-20174701.jpg

2012-10-20152333.jpg

2012-10-20152355.jpg

This ones a vid by the way
th_video-2012-10-20-11-31-24.jpg

I am sure I bought a 4X4 so I didn't have to walk up and down hills and all was going well until one of the Land Rovers went and broke a steering arm.

2012-10-20161207.jpg

2012-10-20155751.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photos Chris.
Was the Land Cruiser on it's best behavour?
How did they sort the steering arm?

Gra

Cheers Gra

LC was perfect through out the day Even running on AT's she only got stuck one and that was due to grounding on a stump

One of the guys not out with us kindly dropped off a spare steering arm and we changed it on the lane.

Quote of the day.

What size socket do you need?
What size do you normally use n steering componants
22-24mm
ME...Thats why JAPS don't break

bit more to it than that but ya get the jist

Chris

looks like a nice outing, pretty tippy in that gully
thanks for sharing photos - not been many laning reports on here recently!
shame the green oval caused a delay! i saw a disco at hamsterley forest with a broken steering arm couple years ago, must be a common part to fail..

Was it a broken arm or just bent? Seen plenty of bent ones over the years, plenty of them just from trying to steer in a rut!

Was it a broken arm or just bent? Seen plenty of bent ones over the years, plenty of them just from trying to steer in a rut!

Definately broken John. Second from last pic was taken before we removed it. Just had an update from the other whited Disco that was out with us and turns out that he bent his aswell.

Aparently Andy it is pretty common. I think because of where it is, it is quite susceptible to damage.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
looks like a nice outing, pretty tippy in that gully
thanks for sharing photos - not been many laning reports on here recently!
shame the green oval caused a delay! i saw a disco at hamsterley forest with a broken steering arm couple years ago, must be a common part to fail..

2 weeks till the laning trip im planning. :dance:

2 days of wild camping and extreme laning in mid Wales, invite only! :icon-twisted:

4 weeks to my next laning trip, started loading recovery gear in truck today, cant wait
the next few weeks will drag by :icon-cry:

thought i wouldnt do another trip this year after alps,
but cannot resist it

You guys really know how to have fun, out and about laning.
Keep safe, don't get like that "Crazy Ben driver " !!

"If there is a hole, he will find it,"
If there is a BIGGER hole, he will find that too !!

Gra.

:lol:

Im really hoping ive learnt from what happened at Lincomb Gra, :pray:

Your funny Ben, I really like your attitude.

Gra.

Back