Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oz tour Oct,Nov,Dec,2011

Yes, Welcome back Tony. I thought you'd been quite, I was wondering how you guys were getting on.

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures, and seeing more great pics!

Welcome home Tony, we haven't been at all jealous, oh no! :whistle:

Thanks guys,

It's really great to be home, :? .

Betsys having a little overhaul, and after driving 5000km in 5 weeks, (the last week has been hire car, ford falcon XR6), I really do love her. The iconic little truck has had a lot of attention, every refuel someone has asked about her.

So some tlc now, and she will be ready again. Main thing is wiring, so nothing too major.

Will Keep you posted on her progress.

Cheers,

welcome back Tony. :thumbup:

i didnt think youd be back yet, i was going to tell you to pick up the new 4wd action magazine if your not already subscribed.

the dvd with it looks ace!

Roothy drives a track near cape york that hasnt been driven for years, looks really good, and loads of toyota's. :clap:

http://www.4wdaction.com.au//dvd

Hi Ben,
Got the mag, have subscribed for years, not watched it yet though.

Cheers,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome back Tony - I've enjoyed your pics & posts from Oz; no wonder Ben is packing his bags for the off!!! :mrgreen:

Welcome back...
Re your power steering. You need to find an FJ/BJ40 LX that's being broken (standard on them) but they're rare to find without a restorer attached so an alternative is to consider the Honda Civic system which is electronic and turns/assists the column. Although they are coded the gubbins can be re-done for about £15, at least that was the price about 2 years ago. Can put you in touch with a mate who has had it done, if it helps.

40s rule!

Regards,
Rodger & Corinne

Thanks, Rodger.

Will put a post in classified wanted, but the Civic system could be a good call. As much info as possible would be great, thanks.

She is great,gotta keep her now. :thumbup:

Back