Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 80: Codename Grey Ghost

They certainly move people out of the middle lane!!
Might put one on the of my BMW

I have mine wired up to come on with high beam! I pitty the fool that fails to dip his lights.......:auto-swerve:

Mine will be the same when the wiring is finished. But, I do have switches on them to isolate them from a power supply should the law take a dim view of them. Here, during daylight or driving in the city at any time (in theory) supplementary lighting should be physically covered, which is why I presume Chris' bar has those nice blanking plates.

Will that apply to us when we visit Clive?

I said in theory, Chas :lol:

That means when you go for ITP (MOT) they want them covered, don't think they'll give a toss about yours Chas, mine aren't covered either... :thumbup:

At at the last test, they put a black bin-bag over the IPF spots, it did look handsome :icon-rolleyes:

Well what a ****ing tw@t of a ****ing day I have had. Did I say **** by the way?

You know the sort of day when not a single b****d thing goes right? Well it was today. Everything from not being able to find things, to losing things, to breaking things, to dropping things, to finding things and losing them again, to the batteries in my cordless drill deciding enough was enough and their turned the contacts up and dying.

OK so what was I trying to do essentially that took me from 09.00 until 17.00 today?

Put a wire down the snorkel. Yes. Put a wire down the snorkel and connect up the light bar. In the end, I replaced two airbox mountings that seized and snapped. Well one snapped and one ripped out of the wing. I did the steering box adjustment because I was in there so all was not lost but **** me ****ing sideways from Sunday. What an ****ing **** of a ****ing day

Breathe. Calm. Think of kittens.

Yes drowning a couple of kittens has made me feel much better.

So basically I finished off the mounting brackets for the roof rack and got the Halo back into position. THey look crap in the picture. Not sure why they look all rippled. They're quite smart actually.

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

Drilled a hole in the airbox and finally got a grommet in there.

P1010789.JPG

Fed the cable through

P1010790.JPG

Put a double grommet in the top of the snorker

P1010788.JPG

And coupled the cable up to the plug. Now I had to cut the factory loom because rather annoyingly it had fat connections at either end that wouldn't pass though anything. I had some 25 amp twin so that was fine to patch in.

P1010792.JPG

And there you go. I used the old KC Daylighter wire as the relay trigger so no messing with the bulkhead. Job jobbed. Finish line ahead boys ...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They happen Chris, these non-karma days, best to down a few cold ones (or something stronger) and get the feet up.

At least you got there in the end.

Have you given the truck a run since mounting the bar?

I have a substantial deflector plate at the front of the ARB rack, so my front roof light bar is slung off that underneath. I set it back a little to give it some offroad low-branch protection and it keeps it out of the rain. Reason for asking is because I do get some wind noise off it, but it's not excessive.

Without a snork, I've drilled the roof at the back of the truck, close to one of the roofrack legs. There's a mini socket screwed to the roof now, so I can just unplug, cap the socket and remove the rack complete with lights, if needed. First to be fed is the rear facing worklight bar, then the cables go into the rack frame to get to the front bar.

I'll run a mini thread on it, when finished.

Tomorrow will be a better day for you, I'm sure... :lol:

I have been for a spin Clive yes and I am going laning tomorrow. Seems quiet. Since I moved the Wolf boxes to the rear and RTT to the front it's been very quiet. Then there is the new Alpine stereo to consider.Mmmn, that's great. I'm rockin' in there. All is good.

I used Google Translator to work out what you were saying....

"Well what a ****ing tw@t of a ****ing day I have had. Did I say **** by the way?"

It suggests;

"Well what a AMAZING TREAT of a WORKING day I have had. Did I say WORK by the way?"

Well it certainly sounds like it started off well and relaxing. Or perhaps I need to turn down the profanity adjustment screw on the translator gizmo.

Glad it all worked out well for you Chris

That's one bright bar!! I keep seeing all these light bars people fit and look at my little spot lamps :think: might have to look into one to go on the A bar.

Thing is Chris I was all set up to do the full handbrake refirb but with a day like I was having, to be honest I didn't even dare go for a pee in case it broke off in my hand. Decided to leave that job just in case I ended up flipping the truck over on its roof or something whilst harmlessly sitting there just looking at it!!!!

:lol: ......"in case it broke off in my hand"

Good advice. Never pee after a hard day on the tools.

Nipped up bright and early for an MOT this morning. Straight through. That's another tick in the box.

Braided stainless brake hoses just arrived from Roughtrax. I'll get those on this weekend and report back. Very fancy looking. Hopefully will be better than the 21 year old rubber ones on there now. Brake system in fine fettle with new pistons and calipers too but whilst there is plenty of pedal feel, I don't think it's exerting as much braking force as it could. I have slotted discs all round and good pads but at fully loaded weight close to the Bismark, it takes some stopping.

Braided stainless brake hoses just arrived from Roughtrax. I'll get those on this weekend and report back. Very fancy looking. Hopefully will be better than the 21 year old rubber ones on there now. Brake system in fine fettle with new pistons and calipers too but whilst there is plenty of pedal feel, I don't think it's exerting as much braking force as it could. I have slotted discs all round and good pads but at fully loaded weight close to the Bismark, it takes some stopping.

A load of porkies, I recon, where's the photos?

1/10 Chris, should know better :lol:

So you'd have me post a picture of a packet?

You're odd.

Maybe I'm odd, must admit I'm not interested in the packet, but I've led a simple life Chris, never seen braided hoses for an 80, yet.

Suppose I'll have to wait for the fitting tutorial.... :angry-tappingfoot::crying-yellow:

Come over all funny now, after that lot. They look the dogs thingies. Thanks Chad :thumbup:

I'll have the thread-jack police after me if I don't go sharpish, ta very much...

Nope, they don't look anything like those at all. The braiding is completely encapsulated so dirt can't get in. Those look like something you'd plumb into in your bathroom!

There are the RT ones. Very slinky and smooth.

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 21.05.19.jpg

Back