Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 'red van' (says the 4 year old) build thread

@Higgy you rock!

IMG_20190720_104552__01.jpg

Body lift done. Bit more grinder work sorted the knackered nut. Also chopped off the over long milners bolts from the kit. Looking a bit better! Pics of chassis clearance.

IMG_20190720_141804.jpg IMG_20190720_141753.jpg IMG_20190720_142145.jpg

Then onto stripping out the carpet... Found the water ingress. Rained hard last night... Looks like windscreen seal has gone. Anyone any reccomendation on whether to have the screen taken out and put back in with new seals (after sorting out the rot) or just get it replaced?

IMG_20190720_141919.jpg IMG_20190720_141906.jpg IMG_20190720_141902.jpg

theres probably a rust hole behind there somewhere I'm afraid

And i thought my 80 was a project and a half, Hats off to 'ya' Phil. Crack On:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The condition of the windscreen aperture when I had a new screen in the D4D Collie was one of the main factors in deciding to sell it and get a 120. It wasn't holed but not far off, in fairness the underneath was pretty good but the axle turret broke off on one side a year later. Finding a good solid Collie is now becoming a challenge.

The condition of the windscreen aperture when I had a new screen in the D4D Collie was one of the main factors in deciding to sell it and get a 120. It wasn't holed but not far off, in fairness the underneath was pretty good but the axle turret broke off on one side a year later. Finding a good solid Collie is now becoming a challenge.
I think you'd have more luck finding a unicorn. I'm going to owe my fabricating mate a LOT when this is done!

Check inside you chassis rail, just been cleaning mine in prep for some paint and they a full of crud.....again only washed them out last summer.

Really need a drain cleaner or something to do them properly I think our hose isn’t much good

Check inside you chassis rail, just been cleaning mine in prep for some paint and they a full of crud.....again only washed them out last summer.

Really need a drain cleaner or something to do them properly I think our hose isn’t much good
I jet washed mine out. . Rivers of mud and rust!

Right everyone... I'm looking for:

1. Air con hose from pump to o/s of air con rad
2. ATF spigots for the radiator
3. Diff locker fork and the ring gear from inside the diff (as some lovely person chopped my fork and disposed of the ring gear). I've been quoted silly money for a refurbed diff so hoping not to have to go that route!

can't get my jetwash into the chassis in the right places :(

Right everyone... I'm looking for:

1. Air con hose from pump to o/s of air con rad
2. ATF spigots for the radiator
3. Diff locker fork and the ring gear from inside the diff (as some lovely person chopped my fork and disposed of the ring gear). I've been quoted silly money for a refurbed diff so hoping not to have to go that route!

Hey guys still struggling to get the above... Anyone able to help? Is there another part of the forum where it'd make sense to post this too? Any breakers anyone can recommend? Would Toyota likely still be able to supply the parts?

I know some of the diff parts are available from Toyota but scary expensive. Might be better getting a 2nd hand diff and harvesting the parts from that

Well feeling a bit disheartened this evening....

N/S front arms slackened off, tried to get track rod ball joint out but had to cut nutt off and can't find my splitter to smack it out...

Didn't have a 34mm socket for the hub but so popped to Halford... Only one they didn't have... Yup 34mm!

So cut tie rod end off to look at steering rack amd maybe fit the new tie rod inner and hey guess what.... Rack is leaking PS fluid out the ends so that's fooked too!

Gonna be a new truck at this rate and I'm gonna be bankrupt!

Welding this weekend.. That might cheer me up :)

And Josh is pressing in the new arm bushings front and rear... Might see if he'll shot blast the trailing arms too being that I owe him a keg of cider already!

Hopefully the eldest will be up too so while the welding is happening we can be wrenching more stuff.

Back