Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pyrenees 2011, 27/05-05/06, planning

RB1 RB2??? Im lost :?

Should probably book the ferry myself as well...

will send on wed/thurs Jon, away down to Woking for 2 days with work

RB = route book maybe? Not sure I'm going to be much kop as a navigator :lol:

C'mon Rob, gerrit booked :cool:

Yep, route books 1 & 2, contain tulip diagrams, lat/lon for waypoints and some comments unfortunately in Fench which I don't understand :mrgreen: The waypoints are also supplied as an overlay for digital mapping but at a low sample rate so it sounds like Andy has been and filled in the gaps :)

Is Fench a local dialect in the Pyranees JW :p

What software will the digital maps work in? Memory Maps? Can I help in filling in some blanks or is it all done? Just thinking if you were serious about me navigating, I'd like to get a feel for what we're going to be playing with :ugeek:

The detailed maps we have won't work with Memory Map I don't think, they're just picture files with an associated world file, but the overlays would work and there are whole country maps of Spain for Memory Map. Navigating will be a case of following the route on the screen unless we have techical difficulties and then we can resort to tulip diagrams :mrgreen: If you want to send me a memory stick or hard drive I can fill it up with maps and stuff.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ive currently got at home: the on oziexplorer format: a complete merged map - from my own map tiles and ones jon sent me.
plus the tracklog i digitized, also in ozi format, but will export that to gpx for Jon, when i get back

Jon Wildsmith said:
The detailed maps we have won't work with Memory Map I don't think, they're just picture files with an associated world file, but the overlays would work and there are whole country maps of Spain for Memory Map. Navigating will be a case of following the route on the screen unless we have techical difficulties and then we can resort to tulip diagrams If you want to send me a memory stick or hard drive I can fill it up with maps and stuff.
I'll bring a drive to Lincomb eh? That'll give me an hour or so to have a look before le trip :cool:

AndyCook said:
ive currently got at home: the on oziexplorer format: a complete merged map - from my own map tiles and ones jon sent me.
plus the tracklog i digitized, also in ozi format, but will export that to gpx for Jon, when i get back

Hi Andy,

could you send a copy of the gpx file to me as well pl?

thanks

Hi Reinhard

I have emailed them to Jon, I will let him distribute to members of "his" Pyrenees group.

cheers
Andrew

Gav got his passport back this week :cool:

He looks like Shrek on it... :(

:lol:

Sorry people, I am going to have to drop out of this trip :evil:
I dislocated my shoulder a while back and have been waiting for a date for surgery to put it right and guess what, it is bang slap in the middle of the trip. I would put it off but I have been living on pain killers for the last 4 weeks, not good :cry:
Hope this doesn't make group numbers difficult

Thats a shame Julian - hope you get your shoulder fixed ok.

Well I have finally booked my the ferry so no turning back now :cool: Same time as everyone else as I did not want to be left out :(

I know how you feel Julian, waiting for an operation that you need but as your not dying they can put at the bottom of the list. Typical NHS :roll: Hope you get well soon.

Sorry Julian - what a pain :? (sorry :D couldn't resist)

Hope all goes well with op though ...

Cheers

Hey Rob, reckon you'd better fess up with your ailments dude - look what we had to do with Keith when he didn't tell us he couldn't walk over slightly rough terrain!!! :lol:

No need Gav as the result of the surgery is an improvement on what mother nature gives us :ugeek:

Hesos christos - gonna borrow a gun of Chris for the trip now!!!!

Back