Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Really?

£16+k... for a 1990 80 WOW!!

I see things re listed on here so all the bidders might not be genuine.

I might put one on there to gauge reaction. Does anyone know the fees? I've been trying to find out but can't seem to get far.

Hello @AndycruiserguyLomas - had a *very* close eye on this one myself (low mileage ensnared me) and checked out the same Ts&Cs - pasted below and will see if I can get the links in too...
You can find these towards the end of the ad just before 'The Gallery' title and pics start...they're in dark green font colour alongside the standard black text so v.hard to see that they're active hyperlinks(!):

"10. Fees
10.1 Transaction and Other Fees. You acknowledge and agree that C&C will charge a
transaction fee based on the Sale Price of each Vehicle sold using the Online Auction
Listing and/or Verified Listings formats. Our fees are different depending on the item
being sold: (i) when a vehicle is sold by Online Auction Listing or via a Verified
Listing, we charge a fee of 5% (five per cent.) of the Sale Price (min. £100/EUR 125
for Verified Listing and min. £500/EUR 600 for Online Auction Listing, no max.); or (ii)
when parts, accessories, automobilia and any other vehicle related item is sold by
Online Auction Listing or via a Verified Listing, we charge a fee of 10% (ten per cent.)
of the Sale Price (min. £100/EUR 125, no max.) in each case the “transaction fee”.
Free Listings on the website do not constitute a legally binding sales offer for"

concluding a sales contract. Where a sale has been agreed as a result of a Free
Listing, it is for the buyer and seller to agree on the Sale Price and a suitable
payment method. No fee is charged by C&C for selling through our Free Listings
format, unless additional services are agreed and provided.

Sorry my reformatting missed the end bit of the text...

10. Fees
10.1 Transaction and Other Fees. You acknowledge and agree that C&C will charge a
transaction fee based on the Sale Price of each Vehicle sold using the Online Auction
Listing and/or Verified Listings formats. Our fees are different depending on the item
being sold: (i) when a vehicle is sold by Online Auction Listing or via a Verified
Listing, we charge a fee of 5% (five per cent.) of the Sale Price (min. £100/EUR 125
for Verified Listing and min. £500/EUR 600 for Online Auction Listing, no max.); or (ii)
when parts, accessories, automobilia and any other vehicle related item is sold by
Online Auction Listing or via a Verified Listing, we charge a fee of 10% (ten per cent.)
of the Sale Price (min. £100/EUR 125, no max.) in each case the “transaction fee”.
Free Listings on the website do not constitute a legally binding sales offer for
concluding a sales contract. Where a sale has been agreed as a result of a Free
Listing, it is for the buyer and seller to agree on the Sale Price and a suitable
payment method. No fee is charged by C&C for selling through our Free Listings
format, unless additional services are agreed and provided.

So 5% then minimum £500. This sounds very reasonable for such a wide platform.

Many thanks for that.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not sure if it's still possible but you can also do a autotrader style add which has much less fees. Just take a look when placing the add. Sold a couple of bikes this way for around £25 fees

Looks ok. Just note it's a 12valve engine not 24 as stated. Just in case you were specifically after a 24 valve .

Reactions: MGC
Think things are starting to drop a little just of late all across the board.

Looks ok. Just note it's a 12valve engine not 24 as stated. Just in case you were specifically after a 24 valve .
Thank you for that. Yes had thought it was a 24v. Appreciate the heads up. How did you know? Just the year? Is it 95 the 24v engine was introduced?

I have an import 24v on a 94 M. But it's the dash, grill and bumpers mainly. Dash is squarer on a 24v, 12v sweeps. Bumpers on 24v usually don't have chrome trims and the grill has a Toyota emblem where the 12v has Toyota accross it. I actually prefer the 12v sweeping dash.

There is an 80 Lexus on ebay at the moment that does look in good nick but a little eye-watering.

There is an 80 Lexus on ebay at the moment that does look in good nick but a little eye-watering.

Thats been on the market a while. The previous owner is well known to me so I know its condition. Whilst there is surface rust underneath as far as I know its not been welded at all. If I'd not already got a 24V auto I'm very happy with it would be on my drive now as I can live without the diff locks for road and probably green lane use.

This I had considered:-

Apart from diff locks it ticks all my boxes. The only issue is its patchy MOT history. It seems to have been presented unprepared with repeatedly ignored advisories. With no shots of the underneath, seat covers on the front seats and a well seen into steering wheel it makes one wonder what a detailed examination would reveal.

When a vehicle, any vehicle, gets a reputation for reliability, ruggedness, longevity etc, there will be those who buy them and assume they can get away with minimal maintenance. Just keep filling it with fuel and an occasional oil change and that's sufficient, until that is, something goes wrong and they're looking at huge repair bills.

This could save a lot of prep time for an overlander as most of it is there. If its a solid truck it might be worth the money or thereabouts.

Sold very quickly. Was near to me so was tempted to have a look but the colour put me off and not looking to pay extra for the overland bits. All that work respraying and they did it in beige. Looked very smart but not for me

Back