Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Really?

Laws date back to horse and cart Frank , lights are so pedestrians can see you coming , much later it became law that if you have lights they must work .

Anyone who claims to be the self proclaimed King of this and that should be De Nutted at the date of first Proclamation or if parents see this Proclamation in the making when young they should be Castrated at the earliest opportunity

Hilarious. I've been waiting for the OCK to hit this forum ...

I stopped by this morning so you don't have to.

Happened to be passing through Mirfield in my other cruiser aka the Scand Tourer or C70 Coupe which meant I was completely ignored.

"Just stopped by to see your Land Cruisers."
"Urm."

Pissing down and everything packed in tightly on the forecourt so didn't even bother with photos.

Here's a very amusing thread from another forum about the place.

"Just stopped by to see your Land Cruisers."
"Urm."

So, was the 'Land Cruiser King' wearing a crown with a Toyota badge on the front?

Here's a very amusing thread from another forum about the place.

Yep. that's the one I linked to a page or so back.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can understand the charm of the 47 and the snorkel on it well just absolute class
And the 40 looks like a lemon drizzle cake on wheels gotta be sweet

I was looking at a 15 plate Hilux Invincible on a forecourt yesterday, £19,100 plus vat. I paid £21,000 plus vat 6 years ago (when I could claim vat back)

I would sell mine at £17.5 no vat but what do you buy that hasnt also gone up? Even my Skoda Octavia is worth more on WBAC than 2 years ago.

Difficulty is in deciding if this is a permanent increase, or a blip. I'd like a bigger overland vehicle, but they are proper crazy money.

I was looking at a 15 plate Hilux Invincible on a forecourt yesterday, £19,100 plus vat. I paid £21,000 plus vat 6 years ago...

The 'Toyota Tax' that I hear mentioned on a lot of Aussie forums definitely seems to be 'a thing'. Used to be if you couldn't afford a Land Cruiser, you'd look at a Hilux as a cheapo alternative. Now people are asking 6, 7 grand for 20 year old Hiluxes. I don't know whether to blame Top Gear or [as I've theorised before] older, and especially pre-2000 reg vehicles are shooting up in value because people are worried about how hard they're going to be clobbered in so-called 'green taxes' on newer motors, over the coming years.

I've seen the same thing happening in VW-van-land. The prices for the 'splitties' have been going through the roof since forever and, over the past few years, that's started trickling down into the bay window ones, which are now approaching prices the splitties were going for a few years back. I've had a couple of the old style LT35s, in the past. The first of which I bought for £350 about 10 years ago. The second of which I paid £3000 for, with only 30000 miles on the clock, about 7 years ago. Now, even non-runners of those are going as 'projects' for 2 or 3 grand.

Ditto the T25s. I had a Syncro version of one of those, with twin difflocks, which I sold about 2 years ago, for £7500 with a few week's MOT left on it. I've regretted it ever since as people are now asking 15, 16 grand for those in LHD [and mine was a UK RHD model too].

As well as the stupid prices, if I was in the market for a vehicle at the moment, I'd be hanging fire til the dust had settled, following this Glasgow Climate Change Conference. Because you can bet that there'll be lots of 'look how green we are' announcements afterwards, that will basically amount to Joe Public being charged more for his fuel, road tax, leccy, gas, etc.

Of course, if the government really wanted us all to move to electric vehicles, they could subsidise them heavily and allow us money for trading in our old ICE motors. But much easier to just keep piling on the taxes until only the rich can afford to drive and then -Hey! Presto!- reduced numbers of ICE cars on the road and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.

Whoops! --Sorry. Got a bit sidetracked into a rantlet there!

what do you buy that hasnt also gone up? Even my Skoda Octavia is worth more on WBAC than 2 years ago.

Difficulty is in deciding if this is a permanent increase, or a blip. I'd like a bigger overland vehicle, but they are proper crazy money.

I've been looking at other older 4x4s and there definitely does seem to be more to be had for less £££ with some of the less iconic ones. eg. Isuzu Troopers and Mitsu Shoguns. Even the Nissan Pathfinders seem to be relatively cheap, compared to Nissan Patrols or Toyota 4x4s of any kind. On the contrary the Mitsu L200s and Isuzu D-Maxes seem to hold their value. I don't know how much of it is down to perceived reliability and ruggedness and how much is down to fashion, ie. the fact that some of the guys on channels like 4WD 24/7 have started using those alongside their usual Land Cruisers and Patrols. [I personally can't pass an Isuzu D-Max these days, without remarking "There's the old D-Max, mate!" in a mock Aussie accent].

I was looking at a 15 plate Hilux Invincible on a forecourt yesterday, £19,100 plus vat. I paid £21,000 plus vat 6 years ago (when I could claim vat back)

I would sell mine at £17.5 no vat but what do you buy that hasnt also gone up? Even my Skoda Octavia is worth more on WBAC than 2 years ago.

Aye, I paid £19k (all in) for my 2015 Hilux Invincible X just over 2 years ago - a friend in the trade said he'd give that to me now, if I wanted to sell it, as he's struggling to get good stock. But as you say, what would I replace it with?!?

If you really want a bigger overland type truck the best value is jump to a 7.5t 4x4 truck - plenty of ex-MOD DAFs and similar for £10k or there abouts..... Its nuts really....

If you really want a bigger overland type truck the best value is jump to a 7.5t 4x4 truck - plenty of ex-MOD DAFs and similar for £10k or there abouts..... Its nuts really....

Even that's another area where prices have gone up though. You used to see a load of those ex-army Bedford MKs or the Renault RB44s advertised at around 3 grand, with hardly any miles on the clock. Same kind of ballpark for the Pinzgauers, Zil 131s and those wee Ural bread van shaped ones [whose name escapes me]. Also used to occasionally see ex-Police riot vans, which were the old style Iveco Daily 4x4s come up. again at the the same kind of prices. none of them seem to come up much any more or, if they do, it's silly money again.

Personally, if money was no object, I'd be buying this fecker, doing it up and sticking a modern turbo diesel in it....

[I've had 'Volvo Sugga' on my 'Cool 4x4s' Saved Search on eBay for about 4 years now and this is only the second time one's come up]

They look fecking Mad Max-tastic, when done up

SS 2021-11-02 at 13.47.07.png

Definitely re MKs, ZILs and RB44s - they were for nothing a few years ago - I remember seeing a mint ZIL 131 "painted lady" at War and Peace a few years ago for £3k (though Mogs and Pinzies have never been cheap as far as I can remember!).

Suggas pop up on Milweb now and again - there was one last year with a 350 cu in Chevy V8 in it if I remember correctly :) You tend to see much more interesting military stuff on there than ever hits e-bay.

Just spent half an hour dribbling in my coffee going thru the classifieds...… oh, if only I had £20-30k spare. Now where did I put my winning lottery ticket? :drool::pray:

'Gimme' the old Troopy any day Andy....... I wonder what the reserve is on the old BJ42....

Back