Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rear axle housing porous, fix or new

daveclark

Got a 2000 Colarado, discovered the rear axle housing is leaking. Told its unrepairable! Anyone know of any fabric cover type epoxy or adhesives for this or other solutions?

Failing that its a new one or scrap yard. Got doubts on a quality of dismantlers but a new one is about £850. Anyone any sources on new parts with better prices that this?

Admin - Chris. Moved to 90 series forum, you might have more luck here although it's a general topic.

Dave, where's it leaking? I find it very hard to believe it's not repairable. Not least with weld or some form of liquid metal like Devcon or even glass fire. Where in the UK are you?

Chris

Dave, where's it leaking? I find it very hard to believe it's not repairable. Not least with weld or some form of liquid metal like Devcon or even glass fire. Where in the UK are you?

Chris

So they are repairable then ? It would appear I may have the same problem with my 80

I know of an old Massey Ferguson tractor with a cracked head that runs fine because he filled the crack with JB Weld epoxy

Last edited:
I know of an old Massey Ferguson tractor with a cracked head that runs fine because he filled the crack with JB Weld .

Oh i'm no stranger to an agricultural fix :icon-wink: just curious about methods and longevity of said methods as far as the axle is concerned

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine had a leak, local engineering co repaired it by cutting out a section and welding a bit from a scrap axle in and strengthened all the mounting points

Back