Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Restoration body shop repair

I just phoned my local Toyota World in Cardiff , memory fails me but i think they are called body mold gaskets . Or body trim gaskets ?

Last edited:
Stripped the interior today ready for the cleaners this week. A
f382043c5782ffafece0cf6030910387.jpg
3cfed9dd2de8a6288f3b79798b0daa00.jpg

Rear boot carpets are far from good. [emoji849]
A tear in one side. Will wash and repair & only use as a underlay. Been advised to use a hard wearing cover on top to protect.
ee2d40bcdd755f42d9e84b875265cbdb.jpg

Looked at the head liner today. Not sure so I checked out at the upholstery store what new looks like [emoji848] Mine looks fair looks but not inviting. Had a price to have it re-done with a example & wow. Was sold at the outtake [emoji23]

Pictures to follow [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's seems the vehicle will need new rubber fender seals as the ones I have worked out to be non usable.
All options on cost and availability welcome at this point [emoji106]
Would be much appreciated Dave.

Shayne can you kindly share details of mrT for an enquiry?

Nice truck & colour Clive. I'm nervous too trying not to think of all the parts coming off right now. Big jigsaw puzzle [emoji849]
Is your truck all finished be good to see the final photo? [emoji3] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well yes it's finished, but the re-spray was 3 years ago... As I do a fair bit of 'scratchy' off-roading, I was immediately afraid to drive it off the asphalt, so I opted to wrap it in the thickest grade of clear plastic I could find. It cost a few bob extra, but it's been worth it.

This is what it looked like after the spray, and the wrap... but before the bumpers were re-fitted...

image.png

Here's the 'before' same shot... ish...

image.jpeg

If if you look closely, you'll see that it was originally all colors, gobby rattle can spray over gobby filler. The PO had a truck reverse down the driver's side (LHD) and we found 4" of filler in the rear quarter pillar! The body shop removed all the filler from the truck (and there was quite a lot all over the place) and pulled the panels out properly. They did a great job TBH.

Last edited:
I think I would have been more nervous about getting carbon monoxide poisoning from his gas heater [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]WTF!!!!

:lol: I think if you look a bit closer Rich, the vent from the gas heater does a tight 90 straight out through the wall. The other flexi pipe hanging down, is attached to his sander and there's a big fan on the outside taking away the dust (where to is a different matter) :lol:

Nice truck Clive...... Like the different barn doors on your model [emoji4]
Good idea about the wrap as you only wanna go down this road once [emoji849]
Don't do off roading hence my decision to take my winch off.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK, it's not worth wrapping it if you stay on open roads. The plastic has lost its shine now, but it's protected the paint 100%. I'm told it will polish back up clear (a bit like plastic headlamps) so I'll have a go at that this summer. There's a bit of rust coming through at the bottom of the rear quarters behind the bumpers, so I'll have to get that repaired this summer too. The ambulance doors suit me fine, I don't do over landing so I'm not missing the convenience of the tailgate. I have some recovery gear in boxes behind the third row of seats, which are sufficient and I often have 6 or 7 people in the truck, so I have to keep the seats in working order!

Cheers chapel I appreciate the thought. Its always handy to have details shared here on the forum for others.

Great to see so much enthusiasm with so many keeping these vehicles to heart Clive [emoji106]

Last edited:
Cheers chapel I appreciate the thought. Its always handy to have details shared here on the forum for others.

Great to see so much enthusiasm with so many keeping these vehicles to heart Clive [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The truck comes second to my 7yr old daughter, the missus comes a close third and she's closely followed by the cat. This is it, like it or lump it, I say :lol:

:lol: I think if you look a bit closer Rich, the vent from the gas heater does a tight 90 straight out through the wall. The other flexi pipe hanging down, is attached to his sander and there's a big fan on the outside taking away the dust (where to is a different matter) :lol:

I've looked closer now Clive, and although I believe every word, my eyes cannot separate the two. In the photo, it really looks like they are one.

Anyway, enough thread jacking for tonight. [emoji4]

Striped out all Interior while the body is still being prepped.
Have some points of interest regarding the dash repair of cracks from the sun.
Anyone know a product thats useful?
I've found this on Amazon uk.
96edfd6c78376a5694a3d1fae9a00561.jpg

Last edited:
Nice truck, similar to mine, I'm thinking of having all new leather and new carpets

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks 59codsy far from finished yet but work in process. [emoji16]
Be good to see your 80? [emoji6]
Getting ready for paint this week.
eb55fe2617979c54ceb992a3b3ab05d1.jpg
d1eaaba42585d93f0ab490b1405a16c0.jpg
ae69ad23d7c595ed69bacc50204a7c75.jpg

Waiting for the printshop for paint. Chosen code not updated to be available so waiting for this now. It's a 2016 Aston Martin paint code. Interesting & different so will see how it turns out [emoji849]

How much is it costing for your paint job ?

I'm getting a good deal here less that the normal price of 8000 Turkish lira. I'm paying 4500TL for repair, paint & bottom under seal.
I'm also paying to have the stripped interior cleaned, new headliner install, new window tints & a planned light Audio upgrade while the interior is stripped [emoji50]

Last edited:
Looking good so far, cant wait to see it finished! :thumbup:

Sounds good, again I can't wait to see finished job

Are you spraying over the side trims? Hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like those trims are still in place.

I removed mine when I had it re-sprayed, and they never got put back. I like it without.

Good looking job though... :thumbup:

Yeah Clive I decided to give it a modern look with one colour overall. Being two tone just didn't appeal to me from stock. I'm keen to keep it de-badged too [emoji12]
Will see how it turns out after paint.

Back