Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Restoration body shop repair

I'm impressed with the finish and like the color.

Good choice there, and a well worthwhile project it seems :thumbup:

Thanks Clive it's coming together nicely. Colour was a risk not being standard Toyota buts it's paying off nicely now [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered sound deadening materials & dynamat hood liner. The guys Colin & Mike were extremely helpful offering a club discount too. [emoji106]

Today looking to get the Windows back in with all new rubbers & new tints.

Headliner is in good condition & so was recommended to give it a professional clean only & not replace. [emoji6]

Been a slower week to get bits done. One of the guys is on holiday [emoji20] & so waiting to roll it out next week to drive able state on public roads.

Waiting for my sound proofing from the U.K. amongst other bits of trim and detailing.

Starting to look it's shape will finalize a decision on the wheels last. [emoji848]

4125649f2d9846bfe7f1d15713cd1b2b.jpg
738e5b44db2c721a25621542675d3200.jpg
c3ef8b75edeaff85423ec47d65bb4e3b.jpg

Car been delayed as one of the bodyshop guys went on holiday for a couple of weeks & only getting round to putting everything back now.

Should be done for tomorrow enough to drive & go to the electrical store for minor checks & two new batteries etc.

Waiting for goodies including soundproofing from the UK to arrive before interior is fitted.

Attachments

• IMG_2888 (1).jpg
    IMG_2888 (1).jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2889 (1).jpg
    IMG_2889 (1).jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2890 (1).jpg
    IMG_2890 (1).jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 143
Bought some signal & parking lights from Lithuania..... beware these did not fit & yet were poor quality. Requested return!! :triumph:

Attachments

• IMG_2878.jpg
    IMG_2878.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2879.jpg
    IMG_2879.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2883.jpg
    IMG_2883.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2884.jpg
    IMG_2884.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2885.jpg
    IMG_2885.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 139
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Shame about the lights, hope you get replacements soon, it's looking really good Dervis. :thumbup:

A bit late now, but, The 80 looks soo much better without the wheel arches. So much sleeker and cleaner. Also removing the side mouldings and steps would clean it up to be the best looking cruiser ever.
BTW, my white 1997 HZJ80 was sold to Cyprus back in 2002. (c Avatar)

Today left the bodyshop to go to the electrical store for checkup & 2 new batteries. Had a problem with the rear drivers side window not working but repaired thankfully. Mirrors not so good as their stubbornness to fold will have to take off again & see if theres a fix there too tomorrow. :(

Looking for replacements especially good quality clear signal lights. Already found the parking lights to buy thanks Clive ;)

I appreciate your opinion uHu. Depending on what use ones wants there are many great looks & setups for the land cruiser 80 series. I don't do off roading & keeping mine almost stock meets my needs. Others like Clive has many off road mods that I like that too but it wouldn't benefit me to have them hence why I took off the Warn Winch from the previous owner.

Attachments

• IMG_2913.jpg
    IMG_2913.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2915.jpg
    IMG_2915.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 126
fwiw: The 80 came in different stock versions. Mine came straight from the factory without side steps, flares or side mouldings, and with split rings with 7.5x16.

Been a few weeks waiting for deliveries to move the build to the next phase.

Todays a new start with the sound deadening.

Never done this before its more involving than it looks :triumph: Only things motivating me is the difference it should make.

IMG_3039.jpg IMG_3040.jpg

Fingers bruised, cut & grazed with sound deadening application. Ahh......not for the faint hearted :weary:

Finished now reeling to heal up over the weekend thankfully.

Toyota fiberglass bonnet liner depleted after 22 years. Foil all flakey and falling away.

Dynamat Headliner chosen to replacing the old. A much improved version that should yield better results.

Spent some time to fit......wanted to make it look stock. ;)

Be interested to test soon.

IMG_3041.jpg IMG_3052.jpg

Interested to hear your report on the difference it makes Dervis.:thumbup:

Just looking at the photos you've posted, I don't suppose there's a danger of a short with the foil getting too close to the battery tops, is there?

It's worth a check I think. :think:

Just looking at the photos you've posted, I don't suppose there's a danger of a short with the foil getting too close to the battery tops, is there?

It's worth a check I think. :think:

You have a valid point Clive. I don't think so as I was not made aware of this nor does it state anything like this in the instructions.

The bonnet has enough room from the top of the battery housing. I did want to use the dynamat insulation for the two sections above this but the bonnet didn't close hence why I cut it to the old template.

P.s I'm looking at getting plastic battery terminal covers soon anyway as corrosion can build out easily here from the climate.

Last edited:
Front Bumper finally on after getting the inner plastic lip delivered. Starting to look the part!! :)

IMG_3096.jpg

Car audio upgrade installed to give richer sound. Out with the stock in with the new speakers. Kept the speakers standard size to look stock with a amp. Added tweeters for the dash & also for the headliner boot too.

IMG_3098.jpg IMG_3099.jpg

In addiction installed sound proofing in all 4 doors, rear quarters, wheel arches & tailgate.

Opted for a upgraded slim 8 inch sub from Ground Zero. Weighs hardly anything but really has a punch.

Really happy with the results being night & day. :sob:

IMG_3097.jpg IMG_3100.jpg

Back