Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Restoration body shop repair

The ally pipe from the ac compressor will be damaged by the blue breather hose.

The plastic enclosure is pushing up the bonnet / hood a little but hopefully will work out when they cut around that for the air guard with the scoop.

Today gonna see the Bodyshop for the next addiction to the project.

View attachment 124003 View attachment 124004
Looks great Dervis, the filter on my oil catch can was letting out quite a lot of oily fumes as I didn't want to let toxic fumes in the the car through the air vents I pipped the filter down to the chassis subframe on the passenger side so the fumes go past under the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great Dervis, the filter on my oil catch can was letting out quite a lot of oily fumes as I didn't want to let toxic fumes in the the car through the air vents I pipped the filter down to the chassis subframe on the passenger side so the fumes go past under the car.

Don't seem to suffer with that at the moment Tony but thanks your advise is noted :thumbup:

Today's progress guys finally getting the hood / bonnet scoop fitted for the intercooler.

Unfortunately due to cutting the small opening the guys saw some cracks in the paint so with some existing imperfections they are spraying the whole lot now.

It's thankfully turning out pretty well didn't want a huge opening just enough for the rubber air guard fitting. This with the accuracy of fitment in mind was the aim to make it look stock and keep the strength & integrity with the hood / bonnet.

IMG_4913.JPG IMG_4914.JPG IMG_4915.JPG

P.s had to reposition the water jets hopefully being closer to the windscreen now can adjust them to work as good as stock :think:

IMG_4916.JPG

Last edited:
Latest update guys all done picking up tomorrow.
Thankfully the guys done a great job & even washed the car too. :thumbup:
Only issue noticed being the boonet / hood pushed up a little. May address this in time after setting in driving. It seems the air guard may need addressing.

Looking forward to a nice long drive tomorrow.

IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0591.JPG IMG_0592.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Which scoop did you use? Like the look of the bonnet scoop, good work

Hi there used the one shown off a Isuzu Trooper 3.1.

Quick update driving over 100 miles today felt better with more power especially breathed better up hills and the mountain road where it was the most noticeable.

The re-pecisioned windscreen jets work perfectly so no issues there.

Next stage is to get the fuel pump tuned better & fit the turbo controller to up the boost a little so should yield better gains then now.

Hi there used the one shown off a Isuzu Trooper 3.1.

Quick update driving over 100 miles today felt better with more power especially breathed better up hills and the mountain road where it was the most noticeable.

Which mountain road was that Dervis? :lol:

Hi dervis are you running on a standard turbo or aftermarket one? Just wondering is it safe to boost up the stock turbo? By the way im from cyprus aswell

Hi dervis are you running on a standard turbo or aftermarket one? Just wondering is it safe to boost up the stock turbo? By the way im from cyprus aswell
15 psi is regarded a safe max for stock turbo.
most are 11 psi from factory.

Giray I have a aftermarket one uprated from stock shown here. I'm only going to boost to around 15psi to give help the intercooler work better.

A78FB5B9-4F02-4B1F-9475-72BF69903E96-520-000000CF3F06C373.jpeg

Giray I have a aftermarket one uprated from stock shown here. I'm only going to boost to around 15psi to give help the intercooler work better.

View attachment 124849
I see. You done a great job on your truck keep up the good work im trying to find a bonnet bra and wide fenders and some accessories but its like impossible in north cyprus. I lifted the landy abit and have bf goodrich mud terrains on so im in a mission to wide mud fenders if you ever come across please let me know.

I see. You done a great job on your truck keep up the good work im trying to find a bonnet bra and wide fenders and some accessories but its like impossible in north cyprus. I lifted the landy abit and have bf goodrich mud terrains on so im in a mission to wide mud fenders if you ever come across please let me know.

Yes in North Cyprus most parts are hard to come by most I've had to buy abroad over the years.
If you can share a picture or two I can better see what you need to help?

Thanks for the compliment

Yes in North Cyprus most parts are hard to come by most I've had to buy abroad over the years.
If you can share a picture or two I can better see what you need to help?

Thanks for the compliment
I try to add photos but it says there too big or need to be resized im still trying to figure it out:)

I try to add photos but it says there too big or need to be resized im still trying to figure it out:)

If you upload photos using the "upload a file" button, centre bottom of the text panel, AFAIK it will automatically re-size during upload.

If you're using the photo icon "web-link" method then I can't advise, sorry.

If you upload photos using the "upload a file" button, centre bottom of the text panel, AFAIK it will automatically re-size during upload.

If you're using the photo icon "web-link" method then I can't advise, sorry.
Thanks i will try that now:)

I took off the rubber seal between the bonnet and the intercooler when i realized its not necessary . The scoop being bigger than the hole in the bonnet means air is forced downwards and through the cooler at speed and while crawling about off road the scoop becomes a vent preventing engine heat accumulating around the cooler , so i thought why have the bonnet rattling to the same tune as the engine ?

I took off the rubber seal between the bonnet and the intercooler when i realized its not necessary . The scoop being bigger than the hole in the bonnet means air is forced downwards and through the cooler at speed and while crawling about off road the scoop becomes a vent preventing engine heat accumulating around the cooler , so i thought why have the bonnet rattling to the same tune as the engine ?

Hi Shayne not experience it any rattles just a tight fit baring the fact the intercooler is far back on the hump of the engine cover. That & the plastic inner air guards lack of room is why the bonnet / hoods not sitting flush for now. This is a small issue I'm sure I'll get to fix in the coming weeks.

Back