Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2016 - Comarnic visit in September

Don't apologize Chas, I'll get my revenge :icon-twisted:

I'll wait for Shayne & Mark to confirm before I book, isn't it good to have Mark on board (hopefully)?
Yes it will be good to have Mark, I don't think I have met him before.

Cheers guys, we are looking forward to it. Exactly when/how long isn't really an issue for us Clive. First week of September is good because we plan on being home again at the beginning of October. Just let us know dates. It's just me and Mel, so if you have a room, that'd be fab.

Yes it will be good to have Mark, I don't think I have met him before.

Thanks Chas, look forward to meeting everyone.

We are going to be meeting up with someone you know in Slovinia at the beginning of July, Vrecha (Damjan).

Thanks Chas, look forward to meeting everyone.

We are going to be meeting up with someone you know in Slovinia at the beginning of July, Vrecha (Damjan).
Yes I remember Damjan, nice chap, took me off roading to some interesting places.

I think we were all strangers on the last trip weren't we . Me and Helen had met Chas a few times at Lincomb and Clive was just an odd fellow who lived in Romania (still is :lol:) perhaps that's one of the things that made it so enjoyable new faces and new friends and i imagine we will all continue to be friends even if circumstance prevents us meeting again .

Come on who else is watching this thread with want but too shy to say hello ?

Oh there's plenty of want shayne just not the time.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Shame it would be good to see you there Nick it was honestly great , put it this way i think the mrs would go without me if i said no :shock:

It's a sad thing that this years trip looks likely to be of low attendance because there's nothing to be said to drum up interest , it was all said last year so without repeating ourselves there's not much to add for newer or less frequent visitors to the forum :confusion-shrug:

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/romania-2015.138230/

A bit of a "rooms" update.

We're cutting it fine but I think it's doable. Room 1 got a floor laid last week. Ok, it needs sanding and umpteen coats of marine varnish, but it's promising...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Then, Lo and behold, today my carpenter neighbor arrived unannounced, to start on room 2.

At 6:00pm he'd finished.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So room 3....
image.jpeg

... and room 4 still need some wood to go down, but at least there's some progress...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The plumber will call in tomorrow, I want him to organize getting 4 toilets, 4 shower units and 4 washbasins, all complete with fixtures and fittings, then he can get on installing them.

The beds are built, they just need assembling in-situ.

Fingers crossed, we may have have a chance...

It's all looking marvellous Clive, can't wait to enjoy it and you and Shaynes company.

Likewise Chas, I'm looking forward to it too!

And we have an added bonus this time if Mark can come, looking forward to meeting him too. :thumbup:

I dont have have any new tracks lined up, but you missed out on some good ones last time if Shayne and Helen don't mind doing the ridge again.

I'll try and organize something new as well, if I get time, maybe an overnight camp out somewhere not too far away, you've all done enough driving by the time you get here...

Would that be the ridge i named the plains of heaven :thumbup: it will be fun i'm glad Mark might join us or else i can imagine it being almost too relaxed with 3 mates going out for a wander with no real plan except to keep the women from nagging :lol:

Very smart rooms Clive will there be complimentary bath robes with CH (Clive's House) embroidered on them for guests to steal as a momento Hilton style :eusa-whistle:

And non of the mother hen buying everyone's entrance fee and icecream this time mate ok

We would be happy to go all the same places again and i remember thinking last time it would take a year to tour Romania so i'm sure will come home with new experiences .

Would that be the ridge i named the plains of heaven :thumbup: it will be fun i'm glad Mark might join us or else i can imagine it being almost too relaxed with 3 mates going out for a wander with no real plan except to keep the women from nagging :lol:

Very smart rooms Clive will there be complimentary bath robes with CH (Clive's House) embroidered on them for guests to steal as a momento Hilton style :eusa-whistle:

if I can steal some from the Carlton Hotel Shayne, the answer's yes :lol:

And non of the mother hen buying everyone's entrance fee and icecream this time mate ok

Bah, humbug, it was my pleasure to have you guys with us mate.

We would be happy to go all the same places again and i remember thinking last time it would take a year to tour Romania so i'm sure will come home with new experiences .

We'll find something new, even if it's another dead end in the forest. BTW, I know that route through the forest now to Predeal, so no more dead ends there!

Edit, you need to expand the quote above, I've put some answers in there in italics that don't show otherwise.

Damn getting lost in the forest was so much fun we forgot where we were supposed to be going :lol: did we get to Predeal eventually ?

Damn getting lost in the forest was so much fun we forgot where we were supposed to be going :lol: did we get to Predeal eventually ?

No, it got too late.

Remember that little path we went down following the GPS? We ended up crossing a stream, it was the only way out without doing a U turn and going all the way back up.

Excellent so there's something new and all we have to do if a find another wrong way to get there :banana-dance::auto-layrubber:

Just thought I'd confirm some dates we'll be available to receive folks intending to visit.

As it's daughter Ana's 8th birthday on Thursday 1st September, we will probably have a party for her in Bucharest on Saturday 3rd September.

This means we will be at the house on Sunday 4th September.

If anyone wants to arrive before then, they are quite welcome, we can easily arrange for keys if you let us know a few days in advance.

As for the duration, we're prepared for about 10 days, but again, if anyone wants to stay longer, they are most welcome to stay as long as they want, as long as they don't mind us popping in at weekends!

Try to let me know of any plans please.

Hi Chas

Google is giving me 4 hours and 7 minutes non stop to Dover from my house and surprise surprise there are still plenty of roadworks along the route . So not wanting a repeat of last year when i drove about 24 hours without sleep to the first campsite in France i will allow myself 7 hours to get to Dover .

I know you feel your only down the road from Dover but with the waiting and ferry crossing etc its still 4 hours before you hit France to start the journey .

So how about we get our evening meal on the ferry on the 1st of September so we arrive in France ready for bed .

On arrival in Calais we set the satnav for Romania and drive for an hour or so until a convenient service station presents itself where we can decide whether we should press on for a while or search for a campsite .

If this works for you all we have to do is choose a ferry :dance:

Interested and following the banter.
Whats the rough dates of the Romania side of things?
I may have to be over to Brashov for work and might be able to wangle a day or two off to go play; if room for a passenger?

Thats likely easier to organize than trying to drive from IRL

Generally speaking its 3 days there and 3 days back giving us about a week at Clive's starting on Sunday the 4th of September .

I have a copilot and 3 spare seats .

Last edited:
Back