Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2016 - Comarnic visit in September

Not sure what to do about return Chas we were looking at about the 14th , but again the last leg getting home on the UK side was a killer .

So i think i would rather spend the night in France and get an early morning ferry , but that might not work for you with your home being so much closer to Dover ?

You must be fairly familiar with the ferry Chas do you think there would be a problem with our just turning up to buy a ticket to get home ?

You must be fairly familiar with the ferry Chas do you think there would be a problem with our just turning up to buy a ticket to get home ?
Well I was thinking of booking a set date but getting an open return so we could come back on any date. Say out on the 1st and back on the 16th? but with an open ticket.
I've never actually tried just turning up, may be possible though would mean a wait depending on how busy they were.

Right open ticket sounds good i didn't see that option ?

Helen just said you had trouble getting on the ferry home last because you were too early ???

Right open ticket sounds good i didn't see that option ?

Helen just said you had trouble getting on the ferry home last because you were too early ???
First of all the twat said I was late, he said I should have been there at 10am when my ticket actually said 10pm, I said that doesn't matter it's an open ticket "No it's not" says your man "Yes it is" says I "No it's not" he says, I could see it was no good arguing so I waited for the next ferry, about two hours I think. While I was waiting I looked at my ticket printout and it did say open ticket on the second page

Ok the 16th sounds good if we get fully flexi for around mid day it shouldn't matter if we arrive first thing in the morning or late at night .

Its getting late now so to avoid mistakes i will get the booking time table in front of me tomorrow and phone you if that's ok .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok the 16th sounds good if we get fully flexi for around mid day it shouldn't matter if we arrive first thing in the morning or late at night .

Its getting late now so to avoid mistakes i will get the booking time table in front of me tomorrow and phone you if that's ok .
That's fine Shayne, I was going to leave it til the morning anyway.

That's fine Shayne, I was going to leave it til the morning anyway.

Chas,I guess you are seeing the old mate Clive.Please get plenty of pics they are interesting.You were the first jokers that got me sold on the club when I started,plus Crispin of course.

Chas,I guess you are seeing the old mate Clive.Please get plenty of pics they are interesting.You were the first jokers that got me sold on the club when I started,plus Crispin of course.

Jokers?

I'll have you know we're very serous professionals Pat :eusa-liar:

When Chas arrived with a rubber snake coiled up on his dashboard, I knew we were in for a good time :lol:

can't speak for Chas, but I'm an old fart, Shaynes a good bit younger and more with it so to speak. Shaynes better half Helen got on fine with my better half and along with the others that showed, we enjoyed.

Love this forum.:thumbup:

Right, ferry booked for Romania,

OUTBOUND
TICKET TYPE:
STANDARD FLEXI
Pride of Canterbury
Dover to Calais
Thu Sep 01 17:25:00 BST 2016
DEPART: 17:25 ARRIVE: 19:55

RETURN
TICKET TYPE:
FULLY FLEXI
Spirit of Britain
Calais to Dover
Fri Sep 16 12:35:00 BST 2016
DEPART: 12:35 ARRIVE: 13:05

Don't let him fool you Pat , Clive for all his tortoise talk wouldn't look out of place lined up at the start gate for the London marathon and he drives what he describes as a ponderously slow 80 as if he is responding to a 999 emergency the only thing he is missing is flashing lights and siren .

Your grandchildren might not live long enough to see either of them grow up :lol:

I'm a spring chicken by comparison ........ well i was until i met them :think:

Don't let him fool you Pat , Clive for all his tortoise talk wouldn't look out of place lined up at the start gate for the London marathon and he drives what he describes as a ponderously slow 80 as if he is responding to a 999 emergency the only thing he is missing is flashing lights and siren .

Your grandchildren might not live long enough to see either of them grow up :lol:

I'm a spring chicken by comparison ........ well i was until i met them :think:
Growing old.jpg

Clive's disguise in the marathon was a dead give away don't you think :lol:
ad_167166359.jpg
ve's disguise in the marathon was a dead give away don't you think

OK Pat, I give up, we're jokers one and all :lol:

Nice one Chas, my sentiments entirely :thumbup:

I've just come back from a short trip on the hill flying Ana's kite.

Neither her or her friend were very interested in the kite, but I enjoyed, which is a sure sign I'm getting on a bit.

Who cares anyway, the sun was shining and the air was fresh after the thunder storm we had at 04:00 am this morning.

It's cleared the air a treat, beautiful.

Bravo you two, now don't go losing them like Chris did... :eusa-whistle:

Looking forward to to some time off already... :lol:

Playing with my new satnav and so far i've got Comarnic , Prahova , Strada Republicii 1 which offers up

DJ101R

So is that something similar to a postcode ?

Playing with my new satnav and so far i've got Comarnic , Prahova , Strada Republicii 1 which offers up

DJ101R

So is that something similar to a postcode ?
Comarnic.png

I plugged it into my laptop and it said 3 hours of updates available . It now says time remaining 3 hours 38 minutes :icon-rolleyes:

I'm sure we won't need directions once on the Strada Republicii though just watch for the supermarket .

Back