Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2016 - Comarnic visit in September

Interested and following the banter.
Whats the rough dates of the Romania side of things?
I may have to be over to Brashov for work and might be able to wangle a day or two off to go play; if room for a passenger?

Thats likely easier to organize than trying to drive from IRL

There will be a spare seat for days out thelal with one of us, that's for certain. We're 2 hrs max from Brasov, so once you're finished there, we can come and fetch you. :thumbup:

What are your return flight arrangements? Do you have a fixed date, or open ticket? If it coincides, we can drop you at Henri Coanda (Otopeni) Bucharest international airport, if that's where you're flying from.

No set plans right now - just seeing if I can juggle on my end. Would be flying in/out of Bucharest
Thanks for offers

No set plans right now - just seeing if I can juggle on my end. Would be flying in/out of Bucharest
Thanks for offers

Ok, welcome.

When you know your plans, drop me a post otr a private message (conversation) and I'll send you some details. :thumbup:

My wife pointed out this site to me and one of the places they don't recommend drinking the tap water is Romania, I wonder if that could have been the cause of some of us feeling ill last year. Clive, you and your family may be acclimatised?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...-drink-tap-water-places-really-shouldn-t.html

I would maybe agree to an extent, Chas. That is to say in the cities and towns on treated water. At our place, the tap water is mountain water, untreated, and may have the same undesired effects but for different reasons.

At home, we only drink bottled water, but I'm not sure whether you drank tap water or not.

We use tap water for tea (because it's boiled prior to drinking) and in cooking and although I wouldn't be botherered by drinking the tap water, I wouldn't recommend it to visitors for the reasons given.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can't remember now whether I drank any tap water but I would have brushed my teeth in it. If the water is mountain water that should be OK unless it passes through a field of cows. thinking-023.GIF

No cows Chas, maybe sheep though, or it comes direct from next door's septic tank (I am joking by the way...:lol: :shifty: )

Makes me wonder that Chas because while most of the group went down for a day , Ram wasn't effected but was always armed with bottled water and i despite catching the ...... bug? managed to carry on regardless . Swimming in and drinking from rivers is something i did quite a lot as a kid perhaps lending me some tolerance ?

I think you do 'acclimatize' but it takes several weeks.

I went down with quite a bad gastro attack about 2 weeks after coming to Romania, but it was the first and last in 15 years.

We always drink bottled water unless we boil it and as I'm a tea-a-holic, it's never a problem to me now.

Anyone remember this place?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Spent a nice afternoon there today, BBQ and a few cold ones, and the girls enjoyed a dunk in the river to cool down a bit.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

They also had some fun playing rooftop "camping" before we set off for home.... image.jpeg

Hope you charged them a few for using our carwash :lol:

Not much water in the river this time of year Shayne, it's half price ATM :lol:

You reminded me over on the maintenance thread of the unseasonal weather on last years trip . There was lots of rain on the journey up but as i recall it was sunny and warm to everyone's liking while we were at your house .

So can you arrange the same this time please :thumbup:

How about 17:25 on 1st of September Dover to Calais on the Pride of Canterbury ?

You reminded me over on the maintenance thread of the unseasonal weather on last years trip . There was lots of rain on the journey up but as i recall it was sunny and warm to everyone's liking while we were at your house .

So can you arrange the same this time please :thumbup:

I'll do my best. The sad thing last year was we'd had no rain from June to August 18th, you guys arrived on 19th and it rained, almost non-stop till 23rd :thumbup:

This time you're coming in September, so no promises at all.

What date are you returning to the UK?

Back