Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2016 - Comarnic visit in September

I plugged it into my laptop and it said 3 hours of updates available . It now says time remaining 3 hours 38 minutes :icon-rolleyes:

I'm sure we won't need directions once on the Strada Republicii though just watch for the supermarket .
Yeah,we'll remember the way from there.

The "postcode" you quoted Shayne is a road number, but it's not Strada Republica, that's the DN1 (National Road1).

DJ is county road (like a UK B road) no. 101R and I don't know it without looking it up. I'm working on my phone typing this and it's driving me nuts!

but the DN1 is the road through the main village, you'll recognise it immediately, at the bottom of my lane by the supermarket.

No worries Clive i was just curious that the satnav wanted me to add it to the address . I didn't even look at a map last time . Just bored waiting when 3 hours of updates was started 4 hours earlier and was showing 3 and half hours left to run when i posted :wtf:

I guess they come with only the basics installed but all is good after i left it plugged into my laptop all night with internet radio playing on silent in the background to stop it shutting down .

OK you two (Chas & Shayne) you've booked Sept 1 & 16 as your ferry dates (even with a flexi return) what would you suggest I book for leave?

We plan to be at the house on Sunday 4th which fits with your Thursday 1st crossing, but do you think I should take Monday 12th as leave? Which day do you think you'll leave us to match your Friday 16th return ferry?

If you plan to leave on Tuesday 13th, I'll take both Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th off as well.

I need to book this asap, so a prompt reply would be welcome.

I've posted this for Mark's benefit as well as anyone else who may be interested... :pray:

OK you two (Chas & Shayne) you've booked Sept 1 & 16 as your ferry dates (even with a flexi return) what would you suggest I book for leave?

We plan to be at the house on Sunday 4th which fits with your Thursday 1st crossing, but do you think I should take Monday 12th as leave? Which day do you think you'll leave us to match your Friday 16th return ferry?

If you plan to leave on Tuesday 13th, I'll take both Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th off as well.

I need to book this asap, so a prompt reply would be welcome.

I've posted this for Mark's benefit as well as anyone else who may be interested... :pray:
A Tuesday leave Comarnic sounds like a good option Clive, it gives us some leeway to get to Calais but careful with your booking days off we wouldn't want them to sack you.

They wouldn't sack him Chas i mean who would make the tea then ?

Helen has to return to work on the night of Sunday 18th so there will be no overstay for us . I will let the journey up dictate when we depart and if your not there when we go mate it might make it easier to drag ourselves away . I think it took me about 7 hours to pack up the trailer last time which is actually a 5 minute job , it felt a bit like this :romance-ballandcha:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK chaps I'll book to and including Tuesday (if I can), I could do with giving my tea-arm a rest. :shifty:

It's Aura permitting too, we have to see how she's fixed for time off as well.

Looking forward to you guys coming no end, loads of excuses for getting out and about.

Perfik.

:lol:

Shayne I think we had better stock up on snacks and drinks before we leave.

I'm not going to worry over that Chas i would say it was a fuck up of mega proportions rather than a deliberate foul . I mean honestly who says don't come here spending hundreds and thousands ?

I'm not going to worry over that Chas i would say it was a fuck up of mega proportions rather than a deliberate foul . I mean honestly who says don't come here spending hundreds and thousands ?
I was concerned in case we were in a hold with no drinks and stuff. Hopefully all will be cleared by the time we go.

Not sure what high alert actually means but maybe the order from on high calls all but skeleton staff to remain at head quarters in readiness to respond to a threat ?

:text-+1:I'll show up for few days if you don't mind:) I don't need a room. Roof tent on LC .:orcs-cheers:

:text-+1:I'll show up for few days if you don't mind:) I don't need a room. Roof tent on LC .:orcs-cheers:
I'm sure you will be very welcome George, when are you travelling out?

I'm sure you will be very welcome George, when are you travelling out?
Did we set the dates yet? I'll be back from scandinavia on Aug 31st. Need to be in Sofia 4-5 days...a day to load the cruiser. That means I'll be ready to go on Sep 6th. From me to Clive is only about 500km.
Chas if you're in the neighbourhood(your house in BG) and have no ride I'll pass by and get you.Or if you wanna fly into Sofia, airport pick up is fine too. Let me know!:)

Last edited:
Did we set the dates yet? I'll be back from scandinavia on Aug 31st. Need to be in Sofia 4-5 days...a day to load the cruiser. That means I'll be ready to go on Sep 6th. From me to Clive is only about 500km.
Chas if you're in the neighbourhood(your house in BG) and have no ride I'll pass by and get you.Or if you wanna fly into Sofia, aiport pick up is fine too. Let me know!:)
Shayne and I have booked a ferry for 1st September for a steady drive to Chez Clive aiming to get there Sunday 4th.

Hey Clive, this bloody Turkish situation has changed our plans for us as we won't be going there now which means we are turning round and heading back a month earlier than planned. We are currently in Greece and think we will be passing around the first or second weekend in August. Don't want to put you to any trouble but it would be good to drop in for a cuppa if you are around .

I guess I'll see you at Clive's then!:thumbup:
Chas if you're in the neighbourhood(your house in BG) and have no ride I'll pass by and get you.Or if you wanna fly into Sofia, airport pick up is fine too. Let me know!:)

George, come anytime, the lads will be here around the 4th September and look like staying till 12/13, so anywhere in between will be good.

Be great if you can call in :sunglasses::thumbup:

Hey Clive, this bloody Turkish situation has changed our plans for us as we won't be going there now which means we are turning round and heading back a month earlier than planned. We are currently in Greece and think we will be passing around the first or second weekend in August. Don't want to put you to any trouble but it would be good to drop in for a cuppa if you are around .

Hi Mark, yes, it's all a PITA, we have a 1bn Euro project on hold there, what a nightmare.

We are at the house almost every weekend, Friday evening (sometimes late ish, say 10 pm) till Sunday evening say around 7:00pm.

We're taking a seaside week between 13th and 24th August, but should be there we 30/31 July and 5/6 August, if that suits.

Otherwise we live in Bucharest during the week. I'll pm you my phone number and email address, then you can call me if that weekend suits.

It would be our pleasure to have you here for a weekend, we can do a little trip around to show you some sights :thumbup:

Back