Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

Sketching a plan just to pass the time and i've got a vague 200 miles to Aachen , 400 miles to Passau , 400 miles to Szeged , and 400 miles to Clive's palace .

In driving hours that's like 3+7+7+7 but of course reality is not like that .

Only posting it so i know where to find it again .

Last edited:
Did you see the new fence place on google earth street view, Nick?
I had a look but I couldn't see anything looking new. Where is the new fence, is it opposite your entrance gate?

The one I know about is the next entrance up our hill, but google earth ground view doesn't go up as far as my place or the new fence.

I think Nick found somewhere down the hill from me, ground view runs all the way up the asphalt, IIRC.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Could be either of these, there are several "new fences"

IMG_6563.PNG

IMG_6564.PNG

Sorry, busy day
IMG_6968.PNG
Think that's down from you although google never quite gets street view exactly where you put the little man.

Ah. When I was dropping the little man as close to your house as I could ( where they had driven) it was putting me back on the other road 1f?
Are you up this bit then?
IMG_6969.PNG

Ah. When I was dropping the little man as close to your house as I could ( where they had driven) it was putting me back on the other road 1f?
View attachment 109834

Spot on Nick, that's as close as you'll get googling!

We're 80 m up that track, on the left. :thumbup:

View attachment 109834
Memories, all alone in the moonlight
I can dream of the old days

That's rather a nice fence there that is.

I just wrote that didn't I?
I really must get out more!:icon-rolleyes:

I think you should Rich!

Recon a nice little jaunt East next August would sort you out...

We can get that shiny red 80 of yours looking like Chas' :lol:

Get your name down Rich , if we make a plan and do it right we stop at services or similar every 2 hours or so . It's only the last few hours to Clive's that facilities become scarce and even then on the one occasion Helen was caught short i asked a shopkeeper for directions and the lady just sent Helen into her house and continued her work behind the counter as if it was the most natural thing in the world to do .

Just got my vignette fine and i have an awful feeling we have been had .

I distinctively remember saying to Helen they gave me nothing to stick on windscreen and the receipt just says i paid this for chicken that for pop and 10.99 or whatever for something unspecific . Nobody spoke English so i had to assume our number plate had been added to a database somewhere -

which was easy to accept given i had earlier decided we must have to buy online something Helen managed to confirm on her phone but we couldn't get a steady enough connection to actually pay .

Helen says just pay it and be thankful they didn't notice you were doing about 300 miles an hour when the photo was taken :lol:

Just got my vignette fine and i have an awful feeling we have been had .

I distinctively remember saying to Helen they gave me nothing to stick on windscreen and the receipt just says i paid this for chicken that for pop and 10.99 or whatever for something unspecific . Nobody spoke English so i had to assume our number plate had been added to a database somewhere -

which was easy to accept given i had earlier decided we must have to buy online something Helen managed to confirm on her phone but we couldn't get a steady enough connection to actually pay .

Helen says just pay it and be thankful they didn't notice you were doing about 300 miles an hour when the photo was taken :lol:
I seem to remember now it was a restaurant where we bought them at the till and I also remember you saying we had no sticker to show in the windscreen. So it looks like a scam set up by the restaurant or at least by the staff at the till.

I seem to remember now it was a restaurant where we bought them at the till and I also remember you saying we had no sticker to show in the windscreen. So it looks like a scam set up by the restaurant or at least by the staff at the till.

This is bad news guys, there's no sticker for the windscreen.

You get a till receipt, with a unique number and at the time of purchase, they upload your registration and the expiry date to a central database.

It's no problem even if you lose the receipt.

If the police stop you, they will check on a hand held device or an AP and give you a ticket if you're not on the database.

You can buy them by SMS or at a fuel station, nowhere else has authority or the equipment to sell you vignette.

Next time, let us know your vehicle details, Reg No. and VIN, I'll get Aura to register you on SMS before or just after you get to the border.

There's always a bloody shark to bite the uninitiated.

Well, I've put it to Lynn again and read her your post Shayne and she's not said no. It's early days to say she's luke warm to the idea but we shall see.

Back