Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania - Clive's House and Excursions

Stunning scenery! I bet that road is fun when its peesing down :) how long did that take to load up to You tube?

:lol: Yep, it's a pleasure up there every time, but I do try to avoid it in the wet! There are parts (even though they never show on photos and videos) which are rather steep, and in the wet they would be hairy. The last thing you need on a 30% slope is to lose grip and start sliding backwards!

As for uploading, I started it at the house, but the wi-fi connection there is slow on uploads. It showed me an approximate upload time of some 1,400 minutes, so I soon hit the cancel button! When I got back to the city, I tried again, and it took about 20 mins for each video, which was OK.

I now have to figure out a mounting for the camera that doesn't pick up that hideous vibration noise. It makes my truck sound like a can of nails, when really it's not a bad sounding engine at all, considering it has 380k km on the clock :lol:

Sunday 15 November 2015

Just a few photos of the above trip just to prove I can actually remember to bring the camera from home, on occasions... :lol:

DSCN8080.JPG

DSCN8081.JPG

DSCN8082.JPG

DSCN8083.JPG

DSCN8084.JPG

A moody pic of the truck (meaning it's out of focus :icon-rolleyes:)...

DSCN8085.JPG

DSCN8086.JPG

DSCN8087.JPG

DSCN8088.JPG

DSCN8089.JPG

DSCN8091.JPG

DSCN8092.JPG

DSCN8093.JPG

DSCN8094.JPG

DSCN8095.JPG

DSCN8096.JPG

DSCN8097.JPG

DSCN8098.JPG

DSCN8099.JPG

DSCN8100.JPG

DSCN8101.JPG

DSCN8102.JPG

DSCN8103.JPG

DSCN8104.JPG

The cable car station at 1,400m on mount Sinaia is in the low centre of this shot, and directly above you can see the station at 2,000m. We are at about 1,550m at this point...

DSCN8106.JPG

DSCN8107.JPG

DSCN8108.JPG

Here's a photo of "Shayne's house" way in the distance centre right :lol:, well I'll always think of it as his house because he said "that's where I'd like to live down there" when he was up here in August on the Romania 2015 trip...

DSCN8109.JPG

Zooming in a bit..

DSCN8110.JPG

A bit more of that zoomy button...

DSCN8111.JPG

... clearer now, you can almost see the black 90 in the yard....

DSCN8112.JPG

DSCN8113.JPG

This is walking time posted...

DSCN8114.JPG

DSCN8115.JPG

DSCN8116.JPG

DSCN8117.JPG

DSCN8118.JPG

DSCN8119.JPG

DSCN8120.JPG

Looking down on Azuga ski resort from the top of the ski slopes...

DSCN8123.JPG

DSCN8124.JPG

DSCN8125.JPG

DSCN8126.JPG

DSCN8127.JPG

DSCN8128.JPG

Looking back at Sinaia...

DSCN8130.JPG

Till the next excursion...

Jesus that dog's got a death wish!!

Fabulous day for great views there Clive. Only half way through the first one. Gotta go back and do some work.

Jesus that dog's got a death wish!! Fabulous day for great views there Clive. Only half way through the first one. Gotta go back and do some work.

:lol: They do have a deathwish, but usually it's your death they're more interested in. Seriously, they are trained to take down threats to the flock, usually from bears or wolves. Bike riding on the mountains is a bit scary sometimes, when you suddenly realize there are sheep in the vicinity, you always see the dogs before you see the sheep! Many's the time we've had to just point the bikes downhill simply to outpace them. They bite to the bone, no holds barred. On Sinaia, the local authority has put limits on the grazing rights (common land) because too many tourists have been injured and killed by the sheep dogs.

@ Chas... "What dog? I didn't see a dog. "

First few minutes of video No.1 Chas. They ran straight at the truck, no fear these dogs... :?

I like the engine on \ off explanations :laughing-rolling:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You leave my house alone ! , if anyone is interested that pic was taken in Merseyside Liverpool third left after Tesco's just before the amenity site :whistle:

Great vids and pics Clive , the second vid ended for me about 2 thirds of the way through when you pulled over ? , i think my internet connection dropped because the audio suggests you continued but my picture was froze .

You leave my house alone ! , if anyone is interested that pic was taken in Merseyside Liverpool third left after Tesco's just before the amenity site :whistle:

Great vids and pics Clive , the second vid ended for me about 2 thirds of the way through when you pulled over ? , i think my internet connection dropped because the audio suggests you continued but my picture was froze .
Your house is safe Shayne, no worries, safe as....well... houses :icon-rolleyes:

I'll check the vid Shayne, I was pulling over and forgetting to shut the camera off on occasions :doh: maybe that's what it was.

I'll check the vid Shayne, I was pulling over and forgetting to shut the camera off on occasions :doh: maybe that's what it was.

The picture stopped about 16 mins in but the audio sounded like you had pulled over but the engine was still running.

The picture stopped about 16 mins in but the audio sounded like you had pulled over but the engine was still running.

Correct Chas!

It seems I pulled over and left the camera running :icon-rolleyes: The rest of the clip is a "still" movie.... :doh:

I have a lot to learn it seems... :whistle:

Sunday 22 November 2015

As I spent most of yesterday in the shed pondering my new seats for the 80, I thought I should spend a bit of time with the kids, that is daughter Ana (7 yrs) and her school friend Daria (8 yrs) who was staying with us this weekend.

It's not always blue skies, today it was raining, but it was also windy, so we grabbed the kite dressed up waterproof and set off up the hill. For some reason the vid on the way up stopped recoding, so these are the trip coming back after the kite flying.

Very slippery up there and at one stage I lost the back-end for a couple of seconds on grass, I wonder if anyone notices.

Part 1

Part 2

I seen it go pear shaped at about 140 seconds into the first vid , that's the trouble with these big long trucks you wanna get yourself a nice shortie Clive you seen the fun i had trying to make mine go sideways :icon-wink:

I seen it go pear shaped at about 140 seconds into the first vid , that's the trouble with these big long trucks you wanna get yourself a nice shortie Clive you seen the fun i had trying to make mine go sideways :icon-wink:

Ha, ha think you're right Shayne. It's literally a one-and-a-half second episode, but it's a long way down to the left of that track. My heart was in my mouth for a moment.

Just goes to show how easy it is to all go wrong.

Very true should mark that one down as a friendly reminder as i suppose its easy to forget the dangers when your there often .

Very true should mark that one down as a friendly reminder as i suppose its easy to forget the dangers when your there often .

Yep, familiarity is the mother of all f**k ups!

Do do you fancy that track next September Shayne, it's a bit scratchy, that's why I didn't take you on it in August?

It's narrow, but you'll find it easier in your "mini-me" truck...:whistle:

Would you like me to pave the way for your fatboy :lol:

Seriously though you should ease up on yourself as far as feeling responsible for us goes , we are all big boys and we know the consequences if it goes tits up and we are all perfectly capable of saying no .

I know there are places you would like to venture but haven't because you have no backup if things go wrong . A number of heads are better than one when it comes to deciding whether or not its worth the risk so drag us up to the debatable section for a look , nothing ventured nothing gained .

That day down the river when the usual route was closed , you were as lost as us and all that did was make it more fun , we didn't take any silly risks but a bit of daftness had us laughing out loud and we ended up making a road to get where we were going . It doesn't get much better than that :thumbup:

Last edited:
Clive, I had a look at your pictures! I can almost taste it. I love Romania. Fantastic!

Back