Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania - Clive's House and Excursions

Shayne there's understanding and UNDERSTANDING to a women and there not the same buddy :oops:

schone landschaft

Thanks Alfa, it is beautiful landscape, if my non-existsnt German has translated this correctly.

Sorry to say that not many of your posts in German on the forum will get much response, it's primarily a UK site and almost exclusively in the English language.

Tried a video mount on the side of the rear bumper, not very successful, too much mud off the rear wheel for one...

Good vid,good showing of the rear axel travel aswell.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I couldn't watch it all because the urge to overtake was getting stronger by the second :lol:

Yep, it's quite surprising the amount of travel, often in places where you wouldn't think it was working so hard...:thumbup:

:eusa-naughty:

No more of that young Shayne, told you I drive like a granny :lol:

Yeah right :icon-rolleyes: supergran on a turbo charged broomstick maybe :lol: nah i'm sure you know what i mean i was stretching my neck trying to see the road ahead . Front centre roofrack would likely be where i put camera .

Yeah right :icon-rolleyes: supergran on a turbo charged broomstick maybe :lol: nah i'm sure you know what i mean i was stretching my neck trying to see the road ahead . Front centre roofrack would likely be where i put camera .

You were just itching for a reply Shayne, 6 minutes post to post :lol:

Centre rack (is that cleavage?) is ok for the road, but I was trying to get a bit closer to the action, offroad.

I've made a sort of universal bracket, so I'm experimenting with various positions (as you do) at the moment.

Sunday 31 January 2016

At least, as it's my thread, I'm only boring those who don't mind me boring them.

This Sunday was a bit slow, we've had it cold lately with some time at -18C, but now it's warmed up some and the ground is a bit sticky to say the least. I was feeling a bit housebound, so on the pretext of needing to pop down to the village to get some money from the hole in the wall, I set off in the opposite direction (as you do) to get muddy and do a little tour.

It's a bit of the same old same old I'm afraid, but if anyone is interested there's a series of short vids on the toob, surprisingly called "31.01.2016 - Just popping to the bank... 01 to 06 of 06, starting with (even more surprisingly) "31.01.2016 - Just popping to the bank... 01 of 06"

The vids do have sound (when uploaded) but I forgot to turn off the music in the truck. The Toob will probably erase the vids or at least kill the audio in time, so if you want a bit of relaxing Neil Young overlaid with me coughing from time to time, saying "oops" as the back end was slewing about, the sound of my engine rasping away and some dulcet tones of the exhaust, plus all the scratchy sounds of branches and stuff and the sound of my socket set coming to pieces in the back, then get in quick.

The first vid is the uphill all the way narrow track version almost to the top (a rare thing for me, it's bloody steep and slippery) and ends when the passenger wheel is precariously just over the edge (nothing drastic on the vid, it just made me get out and wince a bit thinking if it all went pear shaped);

The second vid continues to the top. a short wobbly hand held panorama and a loop in the truck;

The third is coming down, the easier way;

The fourth is the real trip to the village to the hole in the wall;

The fifth is a quick spin to forest on the other side of the valley; and

The sixth, is the return journey.

Any problems with the links, just let me know...

Last edited:
Have you got any paint left on your motor Clive :laughing-rolling:

Saturday, 6 February 2016

Not an excursion at all, but we popped 50km down the road to the Home Depot to get tiles for 3 of the 4 bathrooms we're trying to progress in the extension.

Pre-occupied by what bloody color goes with what, and generally not liking anything too much, we ended up with 2 shopping trucks full of boxes of tiles.

We set off after loading them into the truck, and on the way home, it started to dawn on me that we were a "bit heavy". Still, in true 80 style, it didn't bat much of an eyelid, and we hauled ourselves to the top of our hill and unloaded everything.

After food, I added up the weights:

42 boxes of wall tiles, 9 boxes of floor tiles, 3 boxes of border tiles, tubs of adhesive and grout and bags of other stuff.

oooops...

984 kg :oops:

I like that , a new truck probably has a sensor to prevent such behavior , for your own good of course :lol:

Came as a bit of a shock TBH Shayne.

Of course I knew it was heavy, you can't have a tonne on board and not know its there, but I'd imagined 1/2 a tonne, I suppose.

Now I feel even more guilty, 'cos of my back, Aura did most of the loading :lol:

That's the spirit as long as the whip arm is good you will be fine :lol:

Saturday 9 April 2016

Not an excursion, but Spring has sprung, and as we couldn't come to the house last weekend because I was away, we missed the magnolias in bloom, but for anyone interested, here's a few shots of the garden. If not interested, move to another thread:lol:

Springtime is my favourite...

It was a dull start to the day after a downpour last night, but it's still so dry, I can't imagine where that water went to...

Our neighbour's husky, Aki...
image.jpeg

The trusty steed...
image.jpeg

Ana on the swing with her friend...
image.jpeg

Apple (and plum) blossom time....
image.jpeg

The old Ox-cart (with a serious tracking problem since the rotten wooden axle broke)...
image.jpeg

The oldest cherry, still fruiting though ...
image.jpeg

We planted this when Ana was born, (7 years ago now) it was 12 cm tall then, and I guess that it must be growing 40cm a year...
image.jpeg

Plum blossom...
image.jpeg

Ornamental .....
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The back of the house, in fact the unfinished extension...
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Our neighbors...
image.jpeg

And then the sun came out, so I cut the grass...
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's all folks, for now, may take the truck out tomorrow... :icon-biggrin:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Your very lucky mate we are babysitting tonight so Helen's happy and i'm thinking she will agree to a move when the midgets are married :|

Back