Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Safe for a 120

Sam

Garage
Looking for a way to store/hide cash and papers etc. on a trip.

Been thinking about building some clever compartments into a drawer system... but I know some people have been able to install "proper" safes into their LC's.

Anyone got any good suggestions for a 120?

Hi Sam.

I used to be able to get laptop safes that they used to fit in the bt vans. Just sold the two i had but i was going to try and get some more anyway.

Karl

Do the ones that go in the 80s through the front floor and down into the chassis fit (at least, that's the way I understood it from Matt?) I'd be interested in finding out too...

If you google "autolok car safe", they are about £50

Thatcham Q listed system.
1 Year warranty.
External: 97 x 185 x 150mm (HxWxD)
Internal: 87 x 175 x 140mm (HxWxD)

Hope this is helpful
Cheers
A

They're nearly all just a thin wall steel box with various locking mechanisms so if you can't find one the exact size you want, you have the option of getting one with the right front dimensions and then just cut and weld the back to suit your needs. That's what I did to put a safe in the 100.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you have a roof tent then best option for paperwork and cash is to stick it under the mattress - I know a few who have carried all the cash for their Cape Town trip this way.

In general you either get smash and grab thefts or people nick the car and systematically work through it - the former is the most common and the latter happens very rarely.

I once chatted to someone that make the lockable cubby boxes for Land Rover with a view to get some made for cruisers and he said don't bother because they attract the thieves.

Another good place for storing valuables is behind the passenger seats, there is usually a bit of a space there.

Failing that B&Q do cheap floor safes that can be sunk into the floor, but you need to make sure that they are well sealed.

Julian Voelcker said:
If you have a roof tent then best option for paperwork and cash is to stick it under the mattress - I know a few who have carried all the cash for their Cape Town trip this way.

In general you either get smash and grab thefts or people nick the car and systematically work through it - the former is the most common and the latter happens very rarely.

I once chatted to someone that make the lockable cubby boxes for Land Rover with a view to get some made for cruisers and he said don't bother because they attract the thieves.

Another good place for storing valuables is behind the passenger seats, there is usually a bit of a space there.

Failing that B&Q do cheap floor safes that can be sunk into the floor, but you need to make sure that they are well sealed.
Could may make water crossings a thing to remember.

Gra.

Graham said:
Could may make water crossings a thing to remember.

Yes, the standard floor safes have holes in them for screwing in to beams and then you have to seal around where you bolt it through the floor - we tend to use Sikaflex for the sealing, because it seals and bonds at the same time for a bit more rigidity.

Anyone added a safe to a 95? Cant see a sensible place to put one.

Pete

Back