Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Serpentine Belt

brianmac

Country Flag
uk
Hi all
Just joined so this is my first post.
Having problem with serpentine belt for my 2001 d4d collie.
Got one from Milners and was too short but contacting them by phone was
told must be right one as they sell hundreds with no problem.
belt sent was 7pk1635.
Has anyone got correct pk as mine has aircon but no climate control.
no info on original belt which I am changing as a precaution as original and just gone over 100k.
Thanks in anticipation
Brian

Hi Shayne.
Thanks for that.
Would you have belt info I know 7 is number of ribs so other one must be length.
Was correct belt from roughtrax
Thanks

I bought both belts from roughtrax , the first was too short and on being told the "with climate control" belt was 5 or 6 inches longer i took a chance on it and it fit perfect .

Took a chance on it against the advice of roughtrax who had themselves taken advice from Toyota i might add .

Last edited:
Surely the addition of climate control makes no difference as it has no belt driven component.. as in the air-con unit needs a pulley, but climate control includes the air-con, and simply uses the computermabob to change the settings to get the temperature right...

That said, the diagram on my airbox does show 4 different belt routing options

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It makes no sense at all Bob i think there is either an extra idler pulley or perhaps some models had different sized pulleys ?

The short production life of the KDJ90 series makes me wonder if it was something of an experiment by Toyota so maybe its just a parts bin quirk ?

Last edited:
My '100' has a mechanical Cabin Heater (with a 'Power Heater' button on the dash). It is driven by the serpentine belt and had a magnetic clutch just like the Air-Con pump. The revs rise when its engaged (but drop to normal when in gear).

Maybe some '90s' had them as well (along with twin batteries and a diesel heater in the filter housing) ??

Bob.

Looks to me like is has got the diesel heater bob
wrong Belt 001.JPG

And
wrong Belt 002.JPG

who put that there :shifty:

Hi all
Just joined so this is my first post.
Having problem with serpentine belt for my 2001 d4d collie.
Got one from Milners and was too short but contacting them by phone was
told must be right one as they sell hundreds with no problem.
belt sent was 7pk1635.
Has anyone got correct pk as mine has aircon but no climate control.
no info on original belt which I am changing as a precaution as original and just gone over 100k.
Thanks in anticipation
Brian

Please let us know how you got on with this Brian .

Measure the belt you have? As mentioned the pk number is the length, remove it, measure it and pop to a local motorfactors, +-10mm would normally be within the tensioner range too.

There are 4 lengths no air-con or viscous heater 7pk1153
With air-con 7pk1640
With viscous heater 7pk1810
With AC and viscous heater 7pk1930
Hope that helps.

Thanks for all replies.
posted same post on the other club website and zilch from that one
Regards all
Brian

Back