Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site troubles?

It could be Chas has installed IE10. If this is the case, try compatibility mode.

I can't see what version I've got installed, I looked in properties, also it won't let me select compatibility mode. It's only on this forum I have these problems so how could it be problems my end?

Last edited:
If you are running IE, click on the cog at the top right corner and then About Internet Explorer. If it says Internet Explorer 10 you need to try clicking on the icon that looks like a torn piece of paper ( or a broken page :icon-wink: ) at the end of the box where the web address is shown and then try.

Last edited:
If you are running IE, click on the cog at the top right corner and then About Internet Explorer. If it says Internet Explorer 10 you need to try clicking on the icon that looks like a torn piece of paper ( or a broken page :icon-wink: ) at the end of the box where the web address is shown and then try.

Yes it is IE10, tried clicking the torn paper and something changed, but how do I tell if it's compatibility mode or not?

If the torn piece of paper is blue you are in compatibility mode, if it is grey you are not. Assuming the paper is now blue, try and see if your return key works in a message.

It's blue
and as you can see the return key works thanks very much Ian, I'll see if I get any other
discrepancies on my next attempt at posting, just typed this in Word and pasted as a test. That looks to be OK as well.

Last edited:
Most new versions of IE break something for someone. Just when all the problems are ironed out version 11 will arrive.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hello
I don't believe it my return key now works
And all by clicking a stupid grey broken box
Isn.t technology wonderful

If typing in an editor in order to paste into a forum, use Notepad, or OpenOffice.
One problem is that Micros0ft has never followed the standards, not even their own.

All working fine here in Romania.

My problem is intermittent, using smileys often doesn't work at all, or sometimes the whole thing freezes up and I have to referesh. The message autosave then comes in handy!

Also, after edit, it freezes up when trying to save. Autosave doesn't help at all then!:eusa-naughty:

For some reason I have stopped getting informed of new posts in threads I have posted in myself. :confusion-confused: I've checked in settings and the necessary box has been ticked. Anybody got a clue?

Last edited:
In your spam folder? I got an email for this one.

Did you get an email for this?

Also, top of this thread there is a button called "Thread tools" There is an option to subscribe or unsubscribe to the thread. Perhaps it's unsubscribed you from the one in question (or is it more than one?)?

In your spam folder? I got an email for this one.

Did you get an email for this?

Also, top of this thread there is a button called "Thread tools" There is an option to subscribe or unsubscribe to the thread. Perhaps it's unsubscribed you from the one in question (or is it more than one?)?
No, didn't get a mail for this one, not in spam either and not unsubscribed from this or any other thread (I just checked the jokes thread too) in fact I had never even noticed that thread tools button before.

Last edited:
:thumbup: That one came through OK.

quite odd why it did not work for some. I had a few emails from unregistered people saying they were not getting emails either...

Anyway, changed the way it sends emails now so should not have a problem again.

Is anyone else having trouble uploading pictures, I've just tried to add a jpg pic in classified and another in modifications but neither would upload?

Back