Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sliders for a 120?

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
For those who have built / looked at / pondered / etc steps and sliders for a 120, do you think these are not up to the job?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-LAND-CRUIS ... 125wt_1140

Specifically, the last couple of pics which show the mounting. it is into the body instead of the chassis.

I've all but ripped mine off as the supports are much thinner than in the pic and clearly not up to any real punishment.

I fear these though would bend / tear the body before give (which is not good).

Bit pricey though...

Fashion accessories only. Direct 4x4 don't sell anything really off road. They are a vehicle accessory place. These are just bling, Mate. Trust me. And at that price plus delivery, you'd be better giving the dosh to someone who can weld you up something solid. These will be mounted onto the original studs underneath and whilst the plate look half decent, the mounts will just tear out of the floor pan.

Chris

That's new to their range I think. Nice, I like it.

No good underneath as sliders? :lol:

C

That rack looks like the Freeways one Matt was interested in?

I'm not even going to comment on the side steps :roll: :mrgreen:

yup, is the one from Matt's thread. Can't find a weight on it though...
edit: thought it looked like a ripoff of the ARB ones...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Crispin said:

IMO it's a ARB copy from China and also the same as where freeways gets theirs from, if you believe freeways site it should be around 40kg.

Good price for sure :mrgreen:

Hi,
For a set of solid sliders try MIB components in Warwick, used to be 4x4r-us. They will make anything, and have just done a hilux for Richard (who comes to the Lincomb events in a 70), and the pics are on their site.

http://www.mibcomponents.co.uk/

I just had them fitted to my hilux, great job, and if they have your vehicle they will adapt them to fit.

Certainly solid.

thanks - will give them a call. Also booked in at Greg sometime next year for shocks and a set of sliders...

If you plan to have a body lift it would be better to do that before you source sliders. If you don't plan to have a body lift, your sliders will have a lot of work to do ;)

24Seven said:
Crispin said:

IMO it's a ARB copy from China and also the same as where freeways gets theirs from, if you believe freeways site it should be around 40kg.

Good price for sure :mrgreen:
I think time for me to look the Chinese web sites.
They give 10 times more information than the English counterparts.

I would expect it to cost about 1000 yuan, = £90

Graham

Back