Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

small issues with LC120

matricea

Country Flag
czech_republic
Hello world,

I new here, also in 4x4 world, former offroad Yamaha fan :)
I just bought a 2005 LC120, autobox and I want to do some repairs.

I have an issue with my Toyo:
1. I have some noise when accelerating(vibration or something), it appears only when engine is cold(only on mornings). After that is ok, I heard only the nice sound of turbo.
2. What oil type and brand should I use, semi-synthetic 5w 30? car has officially 157.000 km.
3. I want also to change brake pads, do you have any preferred brand please?
4. I have standard CD changer, but no AUX?
5. Anyone replaced the old cd changer?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

Last edited:
hi and welcome,

I'm sorta new here as well, but some thoughts:

1) I have something similar - but have considered it a typical diesel thing. once temp comes upto regular operating range, its fine. But having said that, vibration ( where ? ) cant be a good thing. And the initial startup rattle isnt concerning.
2) the official toyota spec in the UK recommends 5w30 semi; I suspect the operating temp in .cz is pretty similar. Take a look through the owners manual, they have the various guidelines in there.
3) have you done things to the truck that impact the weight / drivetrain ? if not, again just stick with the original spec toyota ( I did ), there isnt much cost benefit of going aftermarket there unless you are looking for something specific ( like wanting to stop an added ton )
4+5) atleast on my Lc5, given how much of the landcruiser interface is exposed via the entertainment console, I cant imagine changing that out for something else. I'd lose the climate control, the navigation, the info screens etc.

Hello GeekOKent,

Thank you for you reply.

1. yes, I know but it's not that normal diesel thing, it's more like a rattling. My mechanic said that it was bottom engine cover as 3 screws were missing and there was vibration, but the noise is still there.
I think I can hear a weak noise coming from T-belt as car has 158.000 km and for sure timing belt was not changed from previous owner.
But before changing whole distribution, I want to solve the rattling noise, as it drive me crazy.
Next week I will go to another service.
2. oil and all filters was change.
3. pads will be change soon.
4. I don't have screen with navigation, AC is separated from cd changer, but anyway, I will get to use with this config.

Enjoy weekend!

Back