Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Smoke Problem in land cruiser 2005 UK Model

waseemshehzad

Dear members,
I have Land Cruiser 2005 UK Model, almost 5 months back my vehicle suddenly started very white smoke in the morning in the first startup. Later I used some fuel cleaning agent in the fuel tank. The smoke has reduced but still very much than normal. Also now the smoke is also blue in color. The Pick of the vehicle is not that bad. The vehicle is also reducing engine oil after a month or so. What should I do. I have consulted some auto mechanics and they say its problem with fuel injectors and some say it is oil leakage in turbo system. Please advise, whats wrong.
Thanks

OK, sounds as if you are suffering from the injector seat problem and a possibly in for a bit of a big bill.

First thing to do is to drop the sump and check the oil pickup - the chances are that it will be caked in burnt oil sludge.

Assuming it is, the chances are that the head gasket is possibly on the way out and also likely the No. 1 piston may be damaged.

Are you in the UK? If you are and have a full service history (it has to be 100%) then you should be able to get the work done by a dealer under and extended warranty arrangement.

Sorry, not the best of news. The key thing is to stop driving it before any more damage is done.

Is the engine using coolant? I'd carry out a compression test and leak down test on the engine before anything else. This should give you some proof of any serious problems within the cylinders and you can make a decision from there.

White smoke usually denotes a head gasket failure - does it misfire first thing as well? Blue smoke means that there is oil being burnt without the cylinders - does the engine use oil?

Fingers crossed that it's not as serious as it could be. Good luck.

Mike

Back