Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snorkel question

smokyjoe

Now i have fitted a safari snorkel and i must say its a bit daunting haveing to drill into a wing :shock: but i now have a very annoying rattle just below 2k revs any ideas?
Also how on gods green earth do you tighten up the back bolt as i cant get anywhere near it.

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
ratchet spanner for the far bolt

are any of the bolts touching the wing? or could be the bolt you havent tightened up fully

i recently added some dense foam padding to stop some resonating/booming noises, but not rattles

smokyjoe

AndyCook said:
ratchet spanner for the far bolt

are any of the bolts touching the wing? or could be the bolt you havent tightened up fully

i recently added some dense foam padding to stop some resonating/booming noises, but not rattles

Ive tried everything but i cant even get the nut onto the back stud, i just cant get my hand in to thread the nut on, i can just touch it with my finger tip.

the rattle probably isnt a rattle its hard to describe without being in the car while driveing along, mabe more like a hammer drill with the sound turned down a kind off loud burring noise mabe describes it better

Ecky Thump

Garage
I would imagine that stud rattling around in a drilled hole would vibrate quite noisily.

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
I found on the 120 with the front wheel removed, that if I sat on a garage creeper folded into a chair, or on small kids plastic chair, with my back wedged into the wheel-arch, I had enough space to reach up with a ratchet spanner to tighten it up properly.

Not easy though :lol:

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I removed the stud that sticks through the indicator hole & managed to get into a posistion such that I could push my arm up into the cavity with huge discomfort & pain but got the job done in the end it was all one sixth of a turn drop the spanner arm out rest another quater turn drop the ratchet get up kick the cat etc etc :|

sae70 said:
P8210188.jpg

That top right hand nut & washer were a real bugger & I'd have to say took the most out of me on the whole job I used a combination of flexi head ratchet ring spanner & a small 1/4" ratchet & socket

viewtopic.php?f=30&p=49711#p49711

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them