Snorkel question

smokyjoe

Aug 16, 2010
Now i have fitted a safari snorkel and i must say its a bit daunting haveing to drill into a wing :shock: but i now have a very annoying rattle just below 2k revs any ideas?
Also how on gods green earth do you tighten up the back bolt as i cant get anywhere near it.

AndyCook

I am in scotland
Apr 16, 2010
Old Rayne, Aberdeenshire
Garage
ratchet spanner for the far bolt

are any of the bolts touching the wing? or could be the bolt you havent tightened up fully

i recently added some dense foam padding to stop some resonating/booming noises, but not rattles

smokyjoe

Aug 16, 2010
AndyCook said:
ratchet spanner for the far bolt

are any of the bolts touching the wing? or could be the bolt you havent tightened up fully

i recently added some dense foam padding to stop some resonating/booming noises, but not rattles

Ive tried everything but i cant even get the nut onto the back stud, i just cant get my hand in to thread the nut on, i can just touch it with my finger tip.

the rattle probably isnt a rattle its hard to describe without being in the car while driveing along, mabe more like a hammer drill with the sound turned down a kind off loud burring noise mabe describes it better

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
I found on the 120 with the front wheel removed, that if I sat on a garage creeper folded into a chair, or on small kids plastic chair, with my back wedged into the wheel-arch, I had enough space to reach up with a ratchet spanner to tighten it up properly.

Not easy though :lol:

sae70

Supporter
I am in uk
Aug 10, 2010
Witham, Essex, United Kingdom
Garage
I removed the stud that sticks through the indicator hole & managed to get into a posistion such that I could push my arm up into the cavity with huge discomfort & pain but got the job done in the end it was all one sixth of a turn drop the spanner arm out rest another quater turn drop the ratchet get up kick the cat etc etc :|

sae70 said:
P8210188.jpg

That top right hand nut & washer were a real bugger & I'd have to say took the most out of me on the whole job I used a combination of flexi head ratchet ring spanner & a small 1/4" ratchet & socket
viewtopic.php?f=30&p=49711#p49711

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks