Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Snorkel question

smokyjoe

Now i have fitted a safari snorkel and i must say its a bit daunting haveing to drill into a wing :shock: but i now have a very annoying rattle just below 2k revs any ideas?
Also how on gods green earth do you tighten up the back bolt as i cant get anywhere near it.

ratchet spanner for the far bolt

are any of the bolts touching the wing? or could be the bolt you havent tightened up fully

i recently added some dense foam padding to stop some resonating/booming noises, but not rattles

AndyCook said:
ratchet spanner for the far bolt

are any of the bolts touching the wing? or could be the bolt you havent tightened up fully

i recently added some dense foam padding to stop some resonating/booming noises, but not rattles

Ive tried everything but i cant even get the nut onto the back stud, i just cant get my hand in to thread the nut on, i can just touch it with my finger tip.

the rattle probably isnt a rattle its hard to describe without being in the car while driveing along, mabe more like a hammer drill with the sound turned down a kind off loud burring noise mabe describes it better

I would imagine that stud rattling around in a drilled hole would vibrate quite noisily.

I found on the 120 with the front wheel removed, that if I sat on a garage creeper folded into a chair, or on small kids plastic chair, with my back wedged into the wheel-arch, I had enough space to reach up with a ratchet spanner to tighten it up properly.

Not easy though :lol:

I removed the stud that sticks through the indicator hole & managed to get into a posistion such that I could push my arm up into the cavity with huge discomfort & pain but got the job done in the end it was all one sixth of a turn drop the spanner arm out rest another quater turn drop the ratchet get up kick the cat etc etc :|

sae70 said:
P8210188.jpg

That top right hand nut & washer were a real bugger & I'd have to say took the most out of me on the whole job I used a combination of flexi head ratchet ring spanner & a small 1/4" ratchet & socket

viewtopic.php?f=30&p=49711#p49711

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back