Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

So what did santa bring you?

MarkW

Country Flag
morocco
Apart from the obligatory Socks etc I was very pleased to find a copy of this under the tree :D

book-cover-expedition-4thedition.png

What did Santa bring you? depending on you being good for the last 12 months of course

A holiday to Cyprus from my Greek princess Maria, fly out on Monday for a week over New Year. I'll keep her till at least next Christmas now.:lol:

I sometimes wonder if people ask me what I want just so they can take the micky, after a long conversation in the Summer explaining why we got the 80, and then multiple pictures of the 80 over the next few months on various laning trips, SIL got me a book on Defenders :icon-rolleyes:

Being an ex Naval type chap, I like Rum, dark Rum, Cap'n Morgan or if you really want to push the boat out, Woods 100. This mantra has been repeated multiple times, every year, since 1984. For The Record - Spiced Rum is not proper Rum, it looks nothing like dark rum, it tastes sickly sweet i.e. nothing like dark rum, and if you try to wobble your coffee with it, it tastes like shit. I got 2 bottles of the stuff :wtf:

I did get some really nice thermal welly socks off the MIL, I got myself the Ed March Malaysia to UK on a Honda 90 DVD (which is great) and the same Expo guide book as Mark :dance:

[h=2][/h]

Bummer!

Got a nice kitchen gadget - a meat slicer. Yes I really did want one now I can do some jerky or biltong with venison
Tidy fold out keyboard for my ipad mini and an Otterbox Defender case for my new ipad air
Booze. Sweet.
Seat organiser for the 80. Awesome.

The adults in the family don't buy for each other anymore, only for the kids. We just got fed up of the 'I buy you something and you buy me something' and the 'what the hell can I get him/her'. Plenty of booze & grub though.

Ebenezer Towpack

Oh..........and Merry Christmas:occasion-santa:

Lynn and I have given-up buying stuff for each other. Instead we each buy something that we want and hand it over to be wrapped. That saves me going to M&S and Lynn from trying to understand anything about tools :lol:.

This year she gave me a "Repton RT1" radius turner for my lathes - just what I wanted :thumbup:.

As for the rest - an M&S Fleece, box of Black Magic, a drum of Jelly Babies, a tin of Star Wars biscuits (I thought Darth Vader was dead !) a 'Peter Pik Solo Guitar' CD (? - PC Joanna saw him at the Edinburgh Festival whilst she was on patrol :icon-wink:), a 'Classic Bike' calendar for the study and a large tub of Suet Balls for the bird feeder (gee thanks :laughing-rolling:).

Thankfully it will soon be over . . Then we have the joy of Hogmanay to endure before we can get back to normal.

and there is absolutely nothing that I want to watch on telly.

Grumpy Tee-total Grandad.

Seriously - I hope everyone had/is having a grand time :thumbup:.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As above rally, except we dont wrap it up - anything we want we have - roof tent for example - its my birthday / xmas prezzie / good boy prezzie etc - Wifey had (has) Saxophone lessons, just to get back to doing it as she hasnt blown it (oeeer misses) for years! We have no kids but end up buying for loads of 'em.......

I don't expect much but swmbo, heard me going on about Chris's Jetboil that I saw him use in Morroco and she got it, int the best colour of course!

image.jpeg

Fan-gas-tic. Nice one. You'll love it. I have only just changed the gas canister over from the one I used in Morocco that I have been using ALL year.

I'm with you Mr Murphy , our first year without the kids and thank god its over :icon-rolleyes:

Raining outside and banned from kitchen i sat staring at freeview tv without watching it , no drink i had to collect Helen's father , daughter , boyfriend and my mate the toerag at 3 . We sat down to dinner and Father managed to insult Helen's cooking with every mouthful . Still can't drink i have to take them all home which i did with a sigh of relief i did at about 7:30 , Helen was asleep on the sofa when i got home .

Present wise we will both choose something that is too expensive for something we don't need , a Barbour jacket for her and halo headlights and smoked rear lights for me . I did manage a little surprise though because last year she wanted a watch and with me being a dumb male of the species i went and bought her a fancy gold one she loved it but has worn it only 3 times this year because we simply don't go anywhere that requires dressing up so i bought her a casual smart water resistant everyday watch for something she didn't expect .

Should be on the ferry today going to the Isle of Man to get drunk but our daughter decided to leave it until yesterday to tell us the plumbing in her new house is leaking and she can't use the washing machine so Helen immediately volunteered my services , i will be rooting through the shed for a spare shut off valve instead :icon-rolleyes:

Can't wait until next year when she will be given the ultimatum - pina colada by the pool or camping in the wilds :icon-wink:

Last edited:
I got myself a record/paramo no 6 vice for the princely sum of £50 !

image.jpeg

Swimbo and I don't bother with proper pressies anymore just a few stocking fillers for something to open on Christmas morn.
Amongst other things I got a 'Don't have to I'm retired' hoody, some marzipan sweeties, I'm partial to marzipan, chocolate brazils, a Spitfire pencil sharpener :confusion-confused: and another bloody calendar :icon-rolleyes:, now where can I hang that?
Mussy, those Jetboils are the dogs b*ll*cks, I also bought one at the Adventure Overland show on the recommendation of Chris J.

I got me a dash cam, and had a lovely hour installing it disctretely behind the rear view mirror. The most useful present I've gotten in years. Also some whiskey... the most useful present I've gotten in years!!

Upgraded dashcam....safestore case for led hazard lights......and a Tonbux box.

Tonbux is an android tvbox, comes with apps to watch sky/bt/netfix etc. at no cost, should save me about £75 month!

I got socks and boxer shorts. The MIl did give me some money in a card to get what i wanted:icon-biggrin:

Good to see you're all enjoying yourselves :laughing-rolling:

I've been informed we're going to a "posh do" for the NY which I know I will detest every minute of it. I did get the choice of going by train or truck, so in choosing the truck, at least I get 7 hours of enjoyment driving there and 7 hours of the same coming back.

It's a hotel do with an overnight thrown in.

Good opportunity to get p!ssed methinks... :whistle:

A wireless weather station with rain gauge... because we get bugger all rain, but a bit of warmth - now to make a bracket to mount it to the fence...
GPS cycle computer (went into a local electrical store and it was reduced from $120 to $40 (£60 to £20) so that was a no brainer
New duvet cover for my bedding in my swag
Lego Technic
New thermal mug (bigger than my current one)
Quality book

Pictured Below:
1412_10153755993325856_7232376615838144034_n.jpg

I'd recommend The Shed book to everyone... it's great...

I got DeWalt cordless drill and been drilling all over the house for the past few days.Also got a bunch of heavy metal bands biography books. Drilling got really intense after I've start reading the biography of Slayer this morning. ;)

Last edited:
Back