Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Something different for 80 series fans

You see, I get all doubtful about things like this. There's just some things that you just don't do. A Rolls is about refinement and opulence and sorry but any diesel just isn't right in one for me. It's just not the done thing if you know what I mean. And you don't buy a Rolls wanting high MPG either, it's just something that doesn't/shouldn't come into it…ever.

Thanks for sharing though Marsie. Perhaps it's just me. [emoji51]

Last edited:
You see, I get all doubtful about things like this. There's just some things that you just don't do. A Rolls is about refinement and opulence and sorry but any diesel just isn't right in one for me. It's just not the done thing if you know what I mean. And you don't buy a Rolls wanting high MPG either, it's just something that doesn't/shouldn't come into it…ever.

Thanks for sharing though Marsie. Perhaps it's just me. [emoji51]

Sounds like a rare old roller that put a leg out of bed, and someone had a spare 80 engine going cheap... :whistle:

That said, a good few years ago I was offered a Jensen Interceptor with a cooked engine and was weighing up putting a Chevy V8 diesel in its place, stood every chance of doing 25 to the gallon as opposed to 10-12 but the idea never got off the ground. This was at a time when an interceptor could be bought very cheaply.

Different it certainly is and looks very well done but it's just wrong somehow. A bit like a 4 inch lift and BFG mud's on a Ferrari. JMO

That said, a good few years ago I was offered a Jensen Interceptor with a cooked engine and was weighing up putting a Chevy V8 diesel in its place, stood every chance of doing 25 to the gallon as opposed to 10-12 but the idea never got off the ground. This was at a time when an interceptor could be bought very cheaply.

Ah yes, Jensen Interceptor. My favourite classic of all time, especially the 440 powered SP version. What an iconic and gorgeous looking car, instantly recognisable. The days of cheap Interceptors are long gone I'm afraid. Even a rusty pile of s***e can fetch 5 figures. The fearsome fuel consumption doesn't seem to put people off when a car reaches cult status. JMO

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
In my eyes if you want more mpg out of a rolls I'd put LPG on it.

Back