Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

spray bottle test

Yeah, good idea on creating a thread with interchangeable parts. Considering the majority of parts we've mentioned don't tend to fail I'm not surprised it's not been brought up more.

hmm here's a thought Shayne. I remember seeing a thread on pradopoint with a well known member (I think he's on here as well) who bought the correct Injector tester and tips and re-conditioned his own injectors... The kit can cost a fair bit though $500??? However, maybe if we can get a few people interested in servicing our 1kz injectors it'll spread the cost out. I'm sure the cheapest recon service I've seen is 200 pounds for a set of 4 injectors.

Thoughts?

The original Toyota heads were made in China (at least the units sold in Australia were).
Mate of mine is a diesel fitter in the mines here and has a reputation as the 'go to guy' for 1KZTE repairs in QLD. When I bought our 90 he showed me a stuffed head that he had run through a bandsaw. I was staggered at the discernible layers of metal in the sawn profile. The alloy was not one solid chunk of metal, looked like it had not been heated high enough to fully melt and combine plus it looked like the aluminium was composed of recycled stuff - soft drink cans come to mind.
No problems with overheating here using the Spanish heads. The Toyo head is simply crap.
That said, I have 300,000Kms on my factory head and still going strong with a coolant flush and change every 2 years.

That said, I have 300,000Kms on my factory head and still going strong with a coolant flush and change every 2 years.

About the same here - 186,000 miles. I think we have to keep this in perspective. If anyone was unlucky enough to have ended up with a head made of partially melted coke cans then I think it would have shown itself by now...

Well firstly there's no maf sensor on these, but the one you're referring to is quite similar but a lot more basic. You can unplug it and run the engine no problem.

I've seen similar tests and it does show to work.... However I don't think it's worth your time and the risk of potentially doing any damage. I've had the head off my engine after about 190,000 miles and there was no carbon build up on the pistons.

What might work better is giving it a thrash/blast up the motorway. I once failed the mot emissions a few years back, so told the guy I'll be right back. Took it for a nice high speed run and came back and re-did the test. Of course she passed with flying colours.

To add to this, if it ain't broke...don't fix it
+1 # Italiantuneup

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back