Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stability system

Zeusv8

My vsc off and vsc trc lights came on the other day while driving and went out after a few minutes and when I started up this morning they stayed on for a few minutes again. Owners handbook says the usual," contact Toyota dealer"! Has anyone any experience of this happening? Thanks in advance, James

Have you had the centre console apart recently? the yaw sensor is under there bolted to the floor. Is the car parked on a hill & had a flat battery recently?

They can be reset, though by the sounds of it might also be an ABS sensor.

Cptsideways said:
Have you had the centre console apart recently? the yaw sensor is under there bolted to the floor. Is the car parked on a hill & had a flat battery recently?

They can be reset, though by the sounds of it might also be an ABS sensor.

Thanks for your quick reply!
I had the battery disconnected fitting air intake kit and I've had the front half shaft out doing the inner cv boot which means disconnecting the abs sensor from the hub but it was kept clear out of harms way and cleaned before refitting. It might need to be reset, can it be done DIY or is it a Toyota job? Ta much.

Won't be the yaw sensor just because you disconnected the battery, there is a sequence you have to go through to reset and set it that you're not very likely to have triggered by accident. If you consult the FSM it tells you how to read the fault code yourself and that will more than likely point you in the right direction but if you've had the abs sensor disconnected then maybe the connector isn't quite seated properly?

Ok thanks folks, I have no way of reading a fault code so I'll try the sensor when it stops snowing!! I thought that if the sensor was out slightly I would have an ABS light on the dash? It does seem to coincide with the removal of the hub assembly me thinks! Thanks again for that write up Jon,it was very helpful!

To read the fault code, look in the diagnostics section of the FSM (here) for the ABS system and it will tell you what to do. You short 2 wires and the ABS light will flash the code to you. I've done this several times to help sort out faults now, including a yaw sensor problem that wasn't :roll:

EDIT: you want section 04 - Diagnostics -> 21 - ABS -> PRE-CHECK (any year range you like) and it shows you what to do.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back