Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steels Wheels for Sale 16 x 8 with zero offset (photos)

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
£100 ono

These are the five Modular Steel Wheels that came fitted to Swampy when I bought her. They are 16"x8" with zero offset. Four are Gun Metal Grey and one is Black.

I may be able to arrange delivery by pallet at an extra £35ish I think :icon-biggrin:

ab_OldCoachRoad7Large_zpsc175904a.jpg

IMG_7788_zps8fd7ca8c.jpg

IMG_7789_zpse19859ac.jpg

IMG_7790_zps749c52d3.jpg

IMG_7791_zpsa23c1691.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have to double check but I think I'll have these off you! Please give me a day to double check and I'll PM you tomorrow night!

I'll have to double check but I think I'll have these off you! Please give me a day to double check and I'll PM you tomorrow night!
Cool :icon-cool:

:text-bump:

Still FOR SALE :icon-smile:

I took a photo of some markings on the inside of one of the GunMetal wheels :icon-smile:

IMG_7846_zps2b39b41c.jpg

The 16x8 is self explanatory, but I wonder if the preceeding number 4 indicates an offset of +4mm, maybe :think:

Here's another photo of them looking along the truck :icon-smile:

IMG_7109_zps8139e7c8.jpg

IMG_7110_zps734fefa3.jpg

IMG_7118_zps948069aa.jpg

Might be the backspacing in inches. Offset is usually indicated by being prefixed with ET I think. Easy to measure the offset, just put a straight edge across the face of the wheel and measure from that to the hub mounting surface, front and back. 0 offset on an 8" wide wheel is 4" backspacing.

16x8J made on the 4/11/01 they are zero offset coz it was Geordie Paul's truck that set me on the slippery slope , my first purchase was zero offset 16x8 steels coz thats what he had .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
16x8J made on the 4/11/01 they are zero offset coz it was Geordie Paul's truck that set me on the slippery slope , my first purchase was zero offset 16x8 steels coz thats what he had.
You are quite correct Shayne, looking back through Geordie Pauls posts he does mention the wheels being zero offset a couple of times. I did have another look at them and the black one has some markings on it, but conclusive for it's offset. They all measure more than the 8" from face to face and when measured against a flat edge from the back face of the mounting ring they are pretty equal and who would bother buying a +4mm offset wheel anyway?! Let alone manufacture one!!!

IMG_7933_zps9f2fefec.jpg

IMG_7935_zps3d02083f.jpg

IMG_7936_zpsaca1fc49.jpg

IMG_7937_zps6aaa51f0.jpg

IMG_7938_zpsfd2f78d8.jpg

IMG_7939_zps286e13f0.jpg

IMG_7942_zpsdfb90e57.jpg

Still For Sale at just £100 ono :icon-smile:

Last edited:
Put them on ebay as "Toyota , Landcruiser , Colorado ,Hilux , 4x4 , Black , 16x8 , Steel Wheels" . That about covers any search for anyone seeking something similar . Your asking 20 quid a wheel there must be someone out there seeking a bargain . I didn't get much interest when i sold mine on the bay until i added a pic of my truck wearing them so doing the same might help .

Yea I shall do Shayne for sure :icon-smile: I've got loads of bits and bobs to get on ebay that I don't want suspension parts and the ARB tyre inflation kit, but I shall wait till after Christmas me thinks as the silly season is upon us for sure :icon-biggrin: I don't think that £100 for the five is alot of money for them at all, but I'd happily take an offer of £80 for the five :icon-smile: I'm not so concerned about the offset figures any longer as I think when I measured them for Beau when he was interested I didn't measure them correctly and got a difference of 6mm between each side, but now I've read up on the subject a little and had another measure I only get a difference of 1mm. I think that the number 4 is either a makers mark or perhaps the backspacing in inches as Jon suggested :icon-smile:

STILL FOR SALE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL NOW ONLY £80.00 :icon-biggrin:

What does each wheel weigh please and do you know what a bare 80 alloy weighs
Stu

What does each wheel weigh please and do you know what a bare 80 alloy weighs
Stu
From memory using my luggage scales they weighed about 14-15Kg :icon-smile: No idea what a bare 80 alloy weighs though, but I would think a little less. Again from memory I seem to think that a 90 series alloy weighs 10Kg, but they are a 7J not an 8J like the 80 alloy. Guessing an 80 alloy would be about 12-13Kg maybe. Karls your man, send him a PM :icon-smile:

OK, just popped one of the steel wheels on the bathroom scales and it came in at 13Kg :icon-biggrin:

Thats still a lot less than the OEM steels which are a massive 20 kg each :shock:

Andy

I don't know a huge amount about the LJ70, but I feel pretty confident in saying that the PCD is the same 6x139.7 and that although the 70 came with15" wheels as standard there was a brake caliper upgrade at some point that ment 16" wheels were then used, 16" rims should be fine. The width of 8J is more tyre specific, so should be cool. All I'm unsure of is the offset and this will require a 70 series guru to confirm I guess :icon-smile:

I have another question. If the rims do fit, would I be able to put some 255 65 R16 tyres on them? (No they are not off road tyres, but they are all i have at the moment).
As you can probably guess, I am a bit of a gumby when it comes to tyres and rims.

Back