Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stolen catalyst

greengrass

Country Flag
england
Hi all,
My mate had had the cat stolen from his faithful 52 plate Transit, unfortunately the cost of replacing it on this vehicle due to age and mileage doesn't really make sense. Its a good van but still doesn't justify the spend.

Does he need to put another cat on it or is it ok to do away with it????

Would it fail an MOT?? What about engine management???

Any ideas guys???

I saw a stand at the 4x4 show this weekend selling dummy cats! Not sure how legal that is, but it looked like a cat and you clamped it around the pipe basically. Now clearly there will be a section missing from your mate's exhaust, but just worth mentioning that there are fake hollow cat companies out there.

I've got an older trannie ( 98 ) and did away with the cat & it's gone through the last four tests with no questions asked,

If there's a good amount of mot on the transit then just put a straight pipe in. A cat is just a bit of a bung in the exhaust and restrict s performance. Id say he'll gain a fair few bhp from it. My mk4 golf gti has the cat removed and it flies now!

I just pop the cat back on for the mot and off it goes after. Your traffic cop wount have an inclination :thumbup:

Just had a look on ebay, cats pretty cheap on there.
Might point him in that direction, I'm not sure how much damage they did to the rest of the exhaust.

I was under the impression that vehicles with cats had stricter emissions to meet in the MOT. Would a 52 plate Transit pass the emissions test without one?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back