Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stolen Landcruiser Help

I’m certainly with StarCruiser on the insurance advice.

A mate of mine has a Honda Hornet 600 bike, and some idiot trying to park his car knocked it off its stand.

Loads of stuff was broken, plus a fair bit slightly damaged, scratched or minor dents. Indicators, the bars were bent, broken clutch lever, footrest, radiator twisted, fairing scratched you name it. I think the guy partially drove over it to do so much damage.

Anyway, he took it to a bike garage, they added up all the new parts, to more than 3,000 EURO, and of course the bike is worth only 2,500 tops.

They offered him 800 EURO can you believe it?

I advised to hold out for at least the value of the bike. He got verifiable quotes from 2,000 through to 2,800 and eventually they settled at 2,600 EURO.

He bought all the parts that were broken and fitted them himself, and had some cosmetic work done with the change. It’s as good as it was before the crash, which is how it should be, but it took 3 months to get them to cough up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
My approach would be to find like for like and insist insurers honor it . Time is your only weapon against insurers the longer it goes on the more it costs them especially if you have legal cover , they outsource this so at the first wobble in negotiation's tell them you want to speak to their legal department as you've then made it cheaper to keep you happy than it is to rip you off .

Hi all, thanks again for your kind words. Just by way of update I have spoken to Newbury Police who confirmed the car was so destroyed by fire (that would be the LPG tank) that they could not get a VIN number. I know its mine as the position of fog lights and bull bar are something of a give away. It was found with a commercial safe next to it, so stolen by professionals and used in a robbery. It doesn't make us feel any better but i suppose fills in some of the 'what ifs' and 'why' you get when you feel so violated and someone comes on you property and takes something. I'll make sure I have some reasonably robust security fitted to my next 80 series.......though I suspect these people knew what they were doing and wanted the best truck for the job.

Will

At least you have some answers will.

It's a real shame. Good luck with the search for the next truck.

I expect the next thing will be CCTV footage of a raid starring your pride and joy. My Shogun was used to steal a caravan, that was booked on a ferry to France in 2 days time all packed and ready to go. The odd thing was, the guy whose caravan it was dealt small time in 4x4s and I went to look at one he had. While I was there he said his caravan was nicked the same night my Shogun was nicked and somebody spotted it in the road with the engine running at 4 o'clock in the morning.

Hi all, thanks again for your kind words. Just by way of update I have spoken to Newbury Police who confirmed the car was so destroyed by fire (that would be the LPG tank) that they could not get a VIN number. I know its mine as the position of fog lights and bull bar are something of a give away. It was found with a commercial safe next to it, so stolen by professionals and used in a robbery. It doesn't make us feel any better but i suppose fills in some of the 'what ifs' and 'why' you get when you feel so violated and someone comes on you property and takes something. I'll make sure I have some reasonably robust security fitted to my next 80 series.......though I suspect these people knew what they were doing and wanted the best truck for the job.

Will
May their earholes turn into arseholes and shit on their shoulders

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I’m certainly with StarCruiser on the insurance advice.

A mate of mine has a Honds Hornet 600 bike, and some idiot trying to park his cat knocked it off its stand.

Loads of stuff was broken, plus a fair bit slightly damaged, scratched or minor dents. Indicators, the bars were bent, broken clutch lever, footrest, radiator twisted, fairing scratched you name it. I think the guy partially drove over it to do so much damage.

Anyway, he took it to a bike garage, they added up all the new parts, to more than 3,000 RURO, and of course the bike is worth only 2,500 tops.

They offered him 800 EURO can you believe it?

I advised to hold out for at least tyhe value of the bike. He got verifiable quotes from 2,000 through to 2,800 and eventually they settled at 2,600 EURO.

He bought all the parts that were broken and fitted them himself, and had some cosmetic work done with the change. It’s as good as it was before the crash, which is how it should be, but it took 3 months to get them to cough up.
You cant take your cat anywhere nowadays..

It has a Landcruiserclub.net sticker across the back window.

Will

The chassis number is stamped on the front Driver (for RHD) side on the chassis, I doubt this is unreadable, might need a wire brush clean up....

Hi Will, just seeing this now... God that's infuriating.. it's not odd at all to feel such a loss.. I know my truck is very much beloved, kinda like a dog.. so I'd be gutted if it ever went.

Hope you get a nice replacement and have many years of happiness with it

Last edited:
It's not actually on the window, it's on the upper tailgate above the window Clive.

I only saw it when I went back for another look, after seeing Chris’ post.

I’d never have seen it otherwise...

I only saw it when I went back for another look, after seeing Chris’ post.

I’d never have seen it otherwise...
Because of Chris mentioning window I went back too and enlarged the pic, and scanned all over the glass, I thought he's seeing things then I noticed it above. :lol:

Terrible news guys my heart goes out to William this just came in!! Unbelievable!!

Clive you might have to turn away on this one :cry:

"Thanks all, the power of facebook, just had this pic through from someone who saw a post. Stolen and burnt out for a set of BFGs and left 5 miles away on a farm. Makes you despair at a small percentage of the human race..."

View attachment 137101
This' sad. Especially for the family that needed that car and someone just took them back to square 01.

Back