Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stupid is as stupid does...

Bernese

Country Flag
england
Almost 7 hours return journey to see what turned out to be a very unloved 80 series... you'd think at 58 I'd walk away but no a deal was struck and an interesting journey home began peeing down all the way on dodgy tyres and a whining front diff ... so much to do I've run out of ink.... ah well

Without pics it never happened lol. Congrats on the purchase.

Good ones, I mean really good ones are few and far between by all accounts these days so if you've got it at the right price and the tim worm hasn't been too active then all else can be fixed, replaced or upgraded.

Pics or it never happened. :)

Last edited:
Nothing you can't fix with a credit card. I hope. It didn't look too rusty underneath. Rust is the enemy. Things have a habit of snapping off. If that's not an issue then it should be fixable.

Just a couple.... Tyres tomorrow hopefully

20170910_183703_zpsudpnqylv.jpg
[/URL]

20170910_183645_zps6d5wkhe6.jpg
[/URL]

Good ones, I mean really good ones are few and far between by all accounts these days so if you've got it st the right price and the tim worm hasn't been too active then all else can be fixed, replaced or upgraded.

Pics it it never happened. :)

I don't think the structure of the truck is bad, bodywork needs attention which I'll do in time. Main focus with be mechanical, diff and a few leaks sorted then happy days for a while as the rest I'll do on the run. I've already had great support from credit card Chris, Andy and Josh so between us we'll sort it one way or another....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I recon it could have looked a lot worse in the photos, by your description.

As said, it's rust underneath, behind the arches, and in the quadrants hiding behind the rear bumper plastics that seem to go first.

Even then, rust is fixable if you know or can find a good welder and painter at the right price.

Failing that, learn to weld and build it yourself!

Nice find, some work on the front diff seems to be the biggest issue so-far. :thumbup:

I recon it could have looked a lot worse in the photos, by your description.

As said, it's rust underneath, behind the arches, and in the quadrants hiding behind the rear bumper plastics that seem to go first.

Even then, rust is fixable if you know or can find a good welder and painter at the right price.

Failing that, learn to weld and build it yourself!

Nice find, some work on the front diff seems to be the biggest issue so-far. :thumbup:

I'll be totally honest and say I've taken a chance with this one Clive from what I've seen in totally the wrong conditions it looked ok rust wise but as with anything something could be hiding. I like to think I've given it a chance so let's see what I get back....

I have to say I'd loose the cattle bars. Not least as it makes working on them so much harder! But they rather spoil what looks to be a nice 80.

I have to say I'd loose the cattle bars. Not least as it makes working on them so much harder! But they rather spoil what looks to be a nice 80.

It's rather an odd looking bumper that Chris, it has traits of ARB, but the one horizontal looks to be directly in front of the bumper :wtf:

It's a bit too OZ Road-Train for my liking too...

Truck's good. It's just the kid's climbing frame that needs surgery

Have i seen this truck on ebay des?

josh will tell you where to look for rust..:icon-smile:

5 minutes in and their dissing me truck already ... :fearscream::fearscream:o_O

:wink:
Not the truck you understand Bern, not the truck in the slightest. ''Tis only the bars. When you see some of the heavy duty bumper variety that some (not all) favour you'll understand that those really are just for show and will multiply any slight to moderate knock into a complete wing replacement. Hence they don't get too much love from those that know.
Quite apart from spoiling the lines,… like a face guard on George Clooney! :)

I don't think the structure of the truck is bad, bodywork needs attention which I'll do in time. Main focus with be mechanical, diff and a few leaks sorted then happy days for a while as the rest I'll do on the run. I've already had great support from credit card Chris, Andy and Josh so between us we'll sort it one way or another....
There's also @karl webster for used parts and with the help and advice of all on this forum you should be able to 'baseline' your truck and go from there. Have a think if you haven't already on what you want from your tyres and if you intend going larger. It's an investment that I've got wrong in the past when buying in a rush.

There's also @karl webster for used parts and with the help and advice of all on this forum you should be able to 'baseline' your truck and go from there. Have a think if you haven't already on what you want from your tyres and if you intend going larger. It's an investment that I've got wrong in the past when buying in a rush.

Thanks, been in touch with Karl who will assist with some parts where he can. Tyres are an emotive issue at times but with little off roading more general road, snow and towing I've tried lots but used general grabber and BFG mainly in the past..

Back