Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sunroof Winder

mrdelmonti

Supporter
Promoted Company
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Is there anyone going to Lincomb that has a sunroof winder that I can borrow to fit:

IMG_20130821_182646_zpsd1e71c3d.jpg

It's an electric sunroof but its seized shut so I need to get it open to work out why and to see if it's the source of water in the footwell.

For id purposes the whole unit looks like

IMG_20130821_182653_zps95b6317c.jpg

Failing that has anyone got any ideas on how to get it open?

im almost sure its the same as my red car I will take a look tomoz and let you know -and yes im coming to lincom :icon-biggrin:

Thanks very much Pete :thumbup:

Lol. I have just this minute backed dirty gal into the garage with the sunroof open. (Bad move she only just fits with it closed) it bent one of the push chainy thingy casings and all it needed was straightening out. The glass pops out pretty easy with just 2 release clips if you can get it to open. Have you tried a star drive socket. Looks like one should fit well to get it open.

Btw its soooo nice to see interior pics that look like my truck for a change rather than all these posh gits with aircon etc. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Haha, aircon is just another thing to go wrong!

Tried a stardrive/torx drive and it seems it must be a proprietary fitting as it was "in between" sizes, I am wondering if I can wind a bolt in and use a socket though as it's threaded inside.

I'm hoping getting it open will be enough to get the electrics working again, more worried about my wet carpet though.

Last edited:
A bit of hot Swindon sunshine will soon sort that out :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hahaha, yeah it's always blazing heat down here.

im almost sure its the same as my red car I will take a look tomoz and let you know -and yes im coming to lincom :icon-biggrin:

Sorry but my one don't have a winder just the green buttons -im breaking it so if you req parts just ask:icon-biggrin:

Sorry but my one don't have a winder just the green buttons -im breaking it so if you req parts just ask:icon-biggrin:

No problem Pete, thanks for looking. No idea whats up with at the minute but if I need anything I'll give you a shout. Ta

No problem Pete, thanks for looking. No idea whats up with at the minute but if I need anything I'll give you a shout. Ta

If you want we can strip mine down and lincomb so that you can have a good look inside. Then hopefully fix whats wrong with yours

If you want we can strip mine down and lincomb so that you can have a good look inside. Then hopefully fix whats wrong with yours

Well I'll see if I can get it apart before then but if not that would be handy thanks.

Back