Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Serious failure on emissions.

Mrs has driven it, not myself yet, she says its running nice which it is.
I never mentioned to her about the instant stop on shutdown. but she did say about it so its obviously quite noticeable.
The engine sounds slightly different, a deeper note if that makes sense and the turbo whine more audible with the engine warm, might be something to do with having a clear intake and no butterfly fluttering about partially closing the intake.

Its up on ramps now, about to venture under.

Try a product called diptaine some Irish concoction that is fantastic. Great for cleaning the insides before a mot

Never heard of it before Stumog, i'll have a peruse.
Have you been a user yourself?

Forte never made a scrap of difference to the emissions at MOT time, though with the EGR/inlet down to maybe 60% of bore don't suppose it would.

An update for anyone interested.

Its been running great, some serious torque been released, full power accelaeration is noticeably improved.
Just popped in and had the exhaust emissions checked, MOT not due till next March but if it needed a set of injectors then loads of time to plan and execute.

Smoke reading came back at 0.98, so an easy pass, that was some cheering news on the way home from the dentist.
Moral of story get those EGR's cleaned out.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mrs has driven it, not myself yet, she says its running nice which it is.
I never mentioned to her about the instant stop on shutdown. but she did say about it so its obviously quite noticeable.
The instant stop on shutdown,do you mean when you take your foot off the throttle or when you turn the engine off?

Lots of details from members on this with pics, if you use the search facility.

yup yup - lots of useful tunnels in this rabbit hole :thumbup:

Now, do I have the nuts to give this a crack? hmmmm.....

"If it aint broke fix it until it is" ... might be approriate for me here.

The instant stop on shutdown,do you mean when you take your foot off the throttle or when you turn the engine off?

When you switch the engine off, when driving apart from it sounds more throaty if thats a word and the noticeable increase in useful torque you'd never know it had been done, can't say as i've noticed any changes in fuel consumption overall...thats not the reult of the EGR clean but the other little job mentioned which we try not to make too much fuss about publicly, if you follow my drift.

Back