Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The inevitable changing nature of this forum.

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Its been interesting to see the slow and inexorable change in the postings on this forum away from 80series dominance to more 90, 100 & 120 series questions and queries.

I wonder if this will remain the place to come in a couple for years for 80 series queries or if it will morph to something else. For those that own 80 series, can we continue to make this section interesting and worth visiting?

I wonder if it is a case of everything has already been asked and answered and can be found by search, or that the balance of power has now shifted to more modern trucks and will continue to move that way.

1422 threads 80 series
939 threads 90 series
628 threads 100 series

Will be interesting to watch.

Right. New 80 thread coming up...

I'm not standing for that.

80 acquired i will be asking all-sorts of newbie type stuff that has already been answered but I am too lazy to trawl to find.

Sorry, CB. 80's no longer supported on this forum. Min operating platform is now the 90 series. :lol: :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry Andy, but once you get over the Pennines it does seem to get darker.......

Move over 80 series 90 coming through :auto-swerve:

Last edited:
I would say that 70's should feature here too... But it seems that 99% of the content on the 70 series is contained in one thread... I wonder whose :think:

I think it is because 4x4 activities are dying in the UK. The lanes that are open are like my old driveway on the farm which my mom navigated with an old Mazda 323. The only real option if you want to have fun is P&P sites. Do you need a vehicle which is as reliable as an 80 for them? Nope, you get a LR. If you break down you call the RAC / AA / your mate. Repairs, if it is a DIY or take-it-to-the-'shop are going to be cheap(er).

Look at the guys looking for genuine Mr-T shafts, bearings and CVs for their 80s - you buy a small car for the same money. That is why the main, not all, following of 4x4 activities is by cheaper-to-repair or throw-away LandRovers.

The guys who own 80s for P&P days etc will eventually succumb (Chris excluded - he'll keep welding). The ones who own them as DDs, I see a green one each morning, will eventually crash or be crashed into and become an insurance write-off.
The 80s which exist purely as a toy to take on holiday will remain for years to come because they're looked after and serve a purpose (up and down Africa without fail)

Then there is the export: Chris's grey one (correct me if I am wrong) was destined for the middle east had it had a working gearbox. Someone with an 80 as a DD with leaky CVs gets offered slightly over book value and considers it because the Mr-T has just quoted an arm and a leg to fix the clicking CVs.

I can't wait for the day when people start modding ATRAC to make it better :lol: /runs away

Bugger, mine is both green and DD.
Must drop it off at the scrap yard on the way home tonight before I crash it.:icon-eek:

Excuse my ignorance, I'm a bit new to this forum, but are there other Landcruisers in existence other than 80's??
Well bugger me. Learn something new everyday.

P.S. What was Andy Lomas saying?

Nah, don't worry. It was a hoax thread.

Rest easy.

P.S. What was Andy Lomas saying?

None of us really know.... Once you get North of Watford its all dark wizardry and spells! Foreign language and customs to boot!

I think that my learned friend was simply saying that some us in the fair county of Yorkshire (York being the Norse for God's and Shire being the old word for country) may take some slight at the suggestion that the North is less favourable that the South and that if you'd care to come up and see for your self at any time, we'd be more than happy to punch you in the face. If I read him correctly that is. It's an old custom and means 'Welcome, next time duck'

But then to a degree I distance myself from his comments as he's from South Yorkshire which isn't real Yoorshire. Not like Wensleydale or something.

When I mentioned going to 'the dark side' it was in reference to the other unmentionable web site.

I can only apologise profusely for starting up north/south hostility with threats of people getting punched in the nose. :greetings-clapping:

Back