Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The nearest mechanical thing to a camel

Can someone copy and paste the article here? I can't scroll to the bottom of the article on my phone...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

Rob said:
Can someone copy and paste the article here? I can't scroll to the bottom of the article on my phone...

Unable to get the paste option sorry Rob, at the right hand side of the text is a scroll down bar, it's not very obvious, if you can see it try that.

Will read it when I get back home then

What a shit and unusable web site.

Gra.
given up !

Lol, took me a minute or two to work out how to scroll down through the article but got there in the end. Good read :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Managed to find the scroll bar. Interesting article but the website is terrible :evil:

It's done in Flash so copy paste is a no can do.... here's the next best thing :thumbup:

Apologies for making the thread sooooooooo long now :oops:

i-5bmzTr4.gif

definitely an interesting article. :clap:

and thats given me another cruiser themed place to visit, toyota's museum in japan! :thumbup:

i want to visit this place in LA as theyve got lots of interesting cruisers and cruiser related stuff, like old 40 series fire engines etc. :cool:

http://www.sor.com/sor/history.tam?cart ... 1476129338

I met an Australian Farming couple on a 'biking' tour of Turkey. They told us of their group forays into the bush that lasted three of four days.

Landrovers are banned as they are just considered a liability :doh: .

It never used to be so and back in the 50s /60s the Series vehicles were solid, dependable and acclaimed worldwide.

I guess the modern ones are just too complicated and stuffed with electronics that let the side down.

Will they improve though ??

Bob.

Doh! Just realised that I have been to Nagoya and have not been to the toyota museum. Knew it was there but thought there must be better things to do like go to a different city. Had the landcruiser back then too :oops:

More concerned about whether or not Toyota can keep up the standard personally... :think:

I mean... what happens when all the 80's grow too old???

poor Rover, roll over boy, good boy ... now go play dead. :lol:

Cruisers rule, the world over. :whistle:

Very interesting article... would love to see that museum and the one Ben mentions at Spectre Off Road.

I bought stuff from SOR when I first got my 40 (10 years ago) as they have stuff that no-one else has, but in 2005 they stopped accepting non-North American C/cards and money orders were too much hassle. Last year, when in Canada, I called them, gave them my name, when asked and the guy immediately said, "Still have your BJ40, Rodger?". It was seven years since I had spoken to them! They love 40s, 55s, 60s, 70s & 80s

Back to the article... Loved the enthusiasm of the LC test driver - LCs as a religion - too right!

Regards,

i posted this article on another forum, as i know theres a lot of landrover devotees on there, and thought it might be interesting to see what they think. :think:

on to its second page now and some interesting points made, once you get past some of the stupid posts by some one called George. :roll:

http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

Sam, only the cockroaches will be left then
Yeah... didn't mean any time soon :lol:

Had no idea they still made the 70 though!
It's a good feeling to know I'm still this blinkered... think of all the cool stuff I've yet to see :dance:

I've always wanted land cruisers... since I was ickle... and don't get me wrong I love my 120 - a lot - perfect for what I bought it for (if the injectors are ok :pray:) - and it was never supposed to be a 70 or an 80... but... :think:

Something just makes me nervous... the 120, the 150 and now the 200. It's not so much that there's anything missing.... more like there's maybe just too much. Don't know.. not making sense.. I'll go :thumbup: :lol:

don't feel bad, the last real Land Cruiser is the 7* series.
the rest are fancy mall queens.

Back